Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giancarlo Stanton is a pouting man baby.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I know he's pissed that the Marlins traded all their good players. But he's acting like a little *****.

.200 with 0 home runs and 3 rbi?
He had only one rbi before today's game.

And he looks like he's giving up when he weakly swings at bad pitches.
He's also playing sloppy in the outfield.

I don't care how upset he is over the ownership and team direction.
Man up you baby.
I have no respect for players who pout and give up when their team sucks or they're mad at management.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
I agree he has a very poor attitude, lacks focus and maturity but it has to be tough going to work everyday knowing you have a small chance of winning.

Allen

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Let's not overreact - maybe he's hurt or maybe he heats up in May - give him a break OP!

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
You say it must be hard to go to work for a bad team.....I'd say he has a few million reasons to prove he IS a hard worker and a legitimate superstar in the making. He should be playing for a future contract right now.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I think you're being way too hard on him for his lousy season so far. And questioning his desire to win is never a good idea.

I haven't seem much of the Marlins but I do know most of the "experts" are saying how few good pitches he's getting due to the lack of a good hitter behind (or ahead of) him in the Lineup. He may feel some pressure to produce 500 Foot HRs still, but he just needs to learn to just take his Walk and move on...

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Sadly some team will over pay to bring him to their team. Would be a nice fit for the Rangers once Cruz and Murphy are gone.

I expect him to have a Justin Upton type bounce back season once he is on a better team and is happy.

Good player and still young but immature, would rather see him be upset with losing than be happy just making his money which isn't in the millions yet.

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Even I, the last guy in the world still believing the George Brett comparisons, wouldn't do that deal...:(

Don't get me wrong, I'm really not saying it is even plausible, but for the sake of Stanton's unhappiness...it could only be a hopeful refresh (this truly is all said in humor as I am a life long Mariners fan losses and all).

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
Don't get me wrong, I'm really not saying it is even plausible, but for the sake of Stanton's unhappiness...it could only be a hopeful refresh (this truly is all said in humor as I am a life long Mariners fan losses and all).

if you give up one of their big 3 pitchers + a project like Smoak then I think it would work.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
if you give up one of their big 3 pitchers + a project like Smoak then I think it would work.

Considering the bat that we are always in need of, and our decent pitching staff (minus the horrible outings that Saunders, Maurer and Bleavan have currently had) I think we can afford one of the 3. I would hope something of this nature has been thought about in the league, but it would not surprise me if it has not.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I agree he has a very poor attitude, lacks focus and maturity but it has to be tough going to work everyday knowing you have a small chance of winning.

Allen

Yeah, it has to be grueling to get paid a fortune to play a kids game for a living. Sorry, i won't feel bad for guys like this. Have some freaking pride, man up, go all out, and respect the game. Grow up Stanton, seriously.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
We're not even out of April and some of you are trashing him.

He's having a bad month

He's also 23 years old and people are expecting him to have an MVP type year with a XXXXty team whose owners only goal is to line their pockets.

Cut him some slack

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This bum ain't doing too well Ethier - probably getting fat off his long term deal.
Andre Ethier - Los Angeles Dodgers - MLB - Yahoo! Sports
And Ethier's teammate, Matt Kemp, is doing even worse than Ethier, hitting his first home run just today.
What's your point?
This has nothing to do with bad statistical starts. It's about attitude and giving up.
Stanton's sloppy play and mannerisms (head down after making errors, weak swings, not running out grounders, etc.) is pathetic so far, and fans and commentators like Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd and Jason Stark are noticing.
It's immature and unprofessional, no matter the crappy circumstances the Marlins are in.

Last edited:

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
The point is Stanton is having a bad month and it's mostly the media driving the narrative that somehow he's a malcontent or somehow not playing to his potential because he is supposedly sulking like a baby - when we don't really know if he's hurt or just has had a slow start.

Anyone can have a bad start to the season - will you come back and post something positive about Stanton when he comes back to form and starts hitting some home runs?

And Ethier's teammate, Matt Kemp, is doing even worse than Ethier, hitting his first home run just today.
What's your point?
This has nothing to do with bad statistical starts. It's about attitude and giving up.
Stanton's sloppy play and mannerisms (head down after making errors, weak swings, not running out grounders, etc.) is pathetic so far, and fans and commentators like Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd and Jason Stark are noticing.
It's immature and unprofessional, no matter the crappy circumstances the Marlins are in.

Latest posts