Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

November Group Submission Thread (BGS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
[MENTION=1721]All The Hype[/MENTION] will there be a December submission? I know that there was talk of moving the deadline up some from the 20th and if that is expected to be the case for December I hope to find out soon so I can know when to bust out my magnifying glass :)

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
@All The Hype will there be a December submission? I know that there was talk of moving the deadline up some from the 20th and if that is expected to be the case for December I hope to find out soon so I can know when to bust out my magnifying glass :)

Ha! Keep the magnifying glass on standby...I'm still waiting to hear back from [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] and/or our BGS rep to 1) get the account 100% switched into my name so I get the communication from BGS directly, and 2) make sure the November sub is good to go before we open anything for December, although yes I would like to keep it avoid missing a month if possible.

I will make a new thread as soon as I have confirmation that November has been officially received and is underway.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Sounds like Dec 5th might have been the day, but trying to confirm that. Our rep is out on paternity leave so we've been working with a guy who isn't as familiar with the account this time around. I think tomorrow should give us some resolution on what the official receipt date and therefore when we can expect to see grades. I'll keep you guys posted!

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Got this email in case no one posted:

Due to the inclement weather and loss of electrical power that blanketed the Dallas/Ft. Worth area Thursday night December 5th, Beckett Grading Services is temporarily suspending all guaranteed service levels until Thursday morning December 11th. These 3 days will be treated like a Holiday and will not count in the service level of your orders. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please direct your inquiries to your BGS Sales Representative or to Beckett Grading Customer Service @ [email protected]

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Counting in the 3 day delay and the holidays, I believe the 5th would put up at the 23rd for 10 day and the 8th for 20 day.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
@All The Hype Is a December sub looking likely?

Should know probably today or tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice, it's been a bit more of a hassle to get my name on the account than expected; and I don't want to commit to sending more and more orders with you guys' cards until I have full communication with them and don't have to go through someone else to check on the order status.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Should know probably today or tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice, it's been a bit more of a hassle to get my name on the account than expected; and I don't want to commit to sending more and more orders with you guys' cards until I have full communication with them and don't have to go through someone else to check on the order status.

Not a problem, no apology necessary. I'll wait patiently for the thread. Have a good one

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO

I'm guessing Dec is not happening given that it's more than half past now. I guess if there's a Jan that a 20 day won't get returned early enough to list before ST starts up...

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I'm guessing Dec is not happening given that it's more than half past now. I guess if there's a Jan that a 20 day won't get returned early enough to list before ST starts up...

My suggestion is that, since there was no December sub, that the January sub date be due a little earlier in the month so that we can make sure to get 20-days back before ST.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
[MENTION=4725]jaydub[/MENTION] I'm afraid we are skipping Dec due to it taking longer to get the account fully switched over into my name than expected. I didn't feel comfortable sending more of everyone's cards without full access to updates, etc.

My suggestion is that, since there was no December sub, that the January sub date be due a little earlier in the month so that we can make sure to get 20-days back before ST.

Yeah I've been contemplating this as well. Perhaps a 15th due date for everything?

I'd post the thread now but the problem is that we've been told pricing is going up across the board for BGS so I'm not able to tell you what our prices are until they let us know. I'm doing what I can to talk them into keeping our rates as low as possible...I like being able to say that FCB offers the cheapest grading ANYWHERE.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
[MENTION=4725]jaydub[/MENTION] I'm afraid we are skipping Dec due to it taking longer to get the account fully switched over into my name than expected. I didn't feel comfortable sending more of everyone's cards without full access to updates, etc.

Yeah I've been contemplating this as well. Perhaps a 15th due date for everything?

I'd post the thread now but the problem is that we've been told pricing is going up across the board for BGS so I'm not able to tell you what our prices are until they let us know. I'm doing what I can to talk them into keeping our rates as low as possible...I like being able to say that FCB offers the cheapest grading ANYWHERE.

If it improves the chances of getting 20 day submits back before ST I'd even say have the 10th be the due date. Of course that's baseball specific so I am being selfish with the earlier date.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
If it improves the chances of getting 20 day submits back before ST I'd even say have the 10th be the due date. Of course that's baseball specific so I am being selfish with the earlier date.

I think a lot of people would probably agree that an earlier date would be beneficial since FCB is comprised mostly of baseball collectors, and obviously it's nice to have your stuff in hand for ST and the start of the season.

I think I'll open a thread in the next few days with an earlier due date so everyone can plan accordingly, and leave pricing as TBD until they let us know the new rates.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I think a lot of people would probably agree that an earlier date would be beneficial since FCB is comprised mostly of baseball collectors, and obviously it's nice to have your stuff in hand for ST and the start of the season.

I think I'll open a thread in the next few days with an earlier due date so everyone can plan accordingly, and leave pricing as TBD until they let us know the new rates.

That would be awesome. I would like for you to be confident that there wouldn't be delays though in regards to switching the account to your name.

Feb 23, 2010

As one of the rarest of rare on these boards (a non-baseball collector) I don't at all mind an earlier date, but that's because I'm a basketball guy and would like to have some things back before the Playoffs.

Are there any updates as to our November sub? I noticed you just posted 20-day grades for October, any chance we see the November 10-day grades before the new year?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
As one of the rarest of rare on these boards (a non-baseball collector) I don't at all mind an earlier date, but that's because I'm a basketball guy and would like to have some things back before the Playoffs.

Are there any updates as to our November sub? I noticed you just posted 20-day grades for October, any chance we see the November 10-day grades before the new year?

Thanks for the input, I think as long as everyone has advanced notice of the earlier date, most people will probably like getting their stuff in/back earlier.

As for November, I'll give our guy a call today and see if he has a pop date for us; but yes, based on what he has told me it sounds like we should have 10 day grades before the new year.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
That would be awesome. I would like for you to be confident that there wouldn't be delays though in regards to switching the account to your name.

Yes the delays happened during October and possibly a little bit for November, but that's why I skipped December...I'm not a fan of offering a 10 day sub that takes two months before we even know grades when normally it would take 3-4 weeks when you include transit time. It puts me in a tough spot and I don't think it's fair to you guys. At this point we've got it figured out and should be good to go moving forward.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Hey guys, just another quick update but I talked to our guy today and it sounds like the 10-day grades should be available (and the order should ship) Monday. GET PUMPED!

Members online

Latest posts