Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A few questions about case breaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
First, I'm pretty new so if I put this in the wrong spot, my apologies. Someone let me know and I'll delete and start a new thread in the correct area.

So I'm thinking about getting involved in my first case break and thought it might be a good idea to inquire with the board on what some do's and don't's might be. The whole process seems fishy to me but they're extremely popular and a lot of people do them so I assume they must be on the up-and-up.

Are there any red flags to look for from breakers? At this point, I've just searched ebay for some so not sure what I should be looking for.

Are there known/trusted sellers that someone could point me toward?

Many thanks for any help.

Arthur

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I only use one breaker and he is on this site, [MENTION=1816]All In Cards[/MENTION] is his handle. I would trust him holding a million dollars for me / thread.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I use only a couple and can definitely can recommend Andrew [MENTION=1816]All In Cards[/MENTION].

I can also recommend (via PM if interested) a low-end guy too, since sometimes full Cases are a little pricey to get into...

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Its only @allincards for me (its been a while). Too many sheisters out there. I would avoid ebay at all costs as there are a ton of ways to get ripped off.

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
Thanks to everyone for the recs.

Its only @allincards for me (its been a while). Too many sheisters out there. I would avoid ebay at all costs as there are a ton of ways to get ripped off.

Mind if I pick your brain on this? I kind of assumed this would be a high-risk ebay proposition, which is why I started the thread. How do some ebay sellers rip breakers off? Fudge the video? Not send the cards? Again, thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Arthur

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Thanks to everyone for the recs.

Mind if I pick your brain on this? I kind of assumed this would be a high-risk ebay proposition, which is why I started the thread. How do some ebay sellers rip breakers off? Fudge the video? Not send the cards? Again, thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Arthur

Yes, I have seen everything from people faking videos by putting up dead cases which where already broken and resealed to people taking the cards out of the cameras view and hits disappeared. I have seen shill bidding where they bid up their own items and I have seen them bid on their own items so they can get the big hit they already know is in the case.

I can literally go on and on.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Are there any red flags to look for from breakers?

I think I would add to the discussion make sure they send you everything from the break. I hear some breakers just send hits, other send the hits plus inserts and base. If they just send hits, they are likely lining their pockets beyond slot revenue by selling team base sets and insert sets.

You might as well make sure they send you everything so you can partially offset the cost of the slot by selling off base team sets and inserts.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I think I would add to the discussion make sure they send you everything from the break. I hear some breakers just send hits, other send the hits plus inserts and base. If they just send hits, they are likely lining their pockets beyond slot revenue by selling team base sets and insert sets.

You might as well make sure they send you everything so you can partially offset the cost of the slot by selling off base team sets and inserts.

Agree 100% on this one. I see tons of breaks, especially Bowman Draft where all you get are the refactors on up. So the breaker is keeping the paper and base chrome.

Members online