Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 BBWAA HOF Ballot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
I will be disappointed if Griffey doesn't break the all-time % record. With very few legitimate challengers I think he could do it.

My absolute favorite player of all-time.
If you were a 10-14 year old boy during that 1991-1996 time frame then he was the 90's.
Teal and navy with a backwards hat. Damn that guy was smooth. He had IT. Something I still think a guy like Trout is lacking.

If Ripken didn't break the Seaver/Ryan record I doubt junior will. There are probably those purists that also want to protect that "record" too and will not vote for KGJ because of that.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If Ripken didn't break the Seaver/Ryan record I doubt junior will. There are probably those purists that also want to protect that "record" too and will not vote for KGJ because of that.

I think you have to look at the others involved. This could be a perfect storm.
Griffey seems to be the only slam dunk on the ballot and that could move his numbers higher than normal. However, you'll always have the guy that leaves his entire ballot blank.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
to put things in perspective the following didn't make it on the first ballot.
Joe DiMaggio, Jimmie Foxx, Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford, Cy Young, Tris Speaker, Nap Lajoie, Mel Ott, Eddie Mathews, Roy Campanella and Harmon Killebrew ,

I think Griffey is the only one going in.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Wasn't Hoffman Mo before Mo was Mo? Granted, I didn't follow his career, but I thought he was pretty spectacular for the position of closer.
I hope no one saying Hoffman won't go first ballot also says that Mo will.

The difference was hofffman was only in 12 post season games with a 3.42 era
Mo was in 96 games with a .70 era ,

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I would take Rivera over Hoffman (even as a Padre homer), but I do hope the voters don't cast a ballot for Trevor simply so Mariano can go in first.

I think Hoffman will make it in before Rivera. I just think being a 1st ballot HOF'er is being reserved for Rivera, as the first reliever to do so.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
to put things in perspective the following didn't make it on the first ballot.
Joe DiMaggio, Jimmie Foxx, Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford, Cy Young, Tris Speaker, Nap Lajoie, Mel Ott, Eddie Mathews, Roy Campanella and Harmon Killebrew ,

I think Griffey is the only one going in.

Though I'm not fact checking you, that is crazy if those weren't ;)

Ryan

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
...close your eyes for a moment and imagine taking PEDs totally out of the equation .......

Based on this years ballot only, the Class of 2016-

Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa, Piazza, Bagwell, Shefield and Griffey.

Did I miss anyone ?

Sent from my LG-D415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I will be disappointed if Griffey doesn't break the all-time % record. With very few legitimate challengers I think he could do it.

My absolute favorite player of all-time.
If you were a 10-14 year old boy during that 1991-1996 time frame then he was the 90's.
Teal and navy with a backwards hat. Damn that guy was smooth. He had IT. Something I still think a guy like Trout is lacking.

Just bumping this for ego purposes.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Last edited:

Members online