Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Jeff Bagwell Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Similar to Broders?

Not really. The team postcards are released by the team and given away with fan packs and at autograph appearances. Problem is, Beckett is spotty on the details and for earlier appearance, I'm not sure if they were made by the team or the sponsor. I have several from the early to mid 90's from specific events with the place's logo(chevron, builder's square, etc). But these weren't made in somebody's garage although the quality isn't exactly stellar. These were for something in particular. And most are tucked away in private collections long since forgotten about.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Nice pull!

Glad to have you on the boards. Look forward to seeing your future pickups.

If you are looking for help picking up Bagwells for your collection, I have ~22,000 Bagwell doubles. I'm sure I can help you fill some holes in your collection. PM me if you are interested.

Dan

same here, plenty of doubles to share!

Not really. The team postcards are released by the team and given away with fan packs and at autograph appearances. Problem is, Beckett is spotty on the details and for earlier appearance, I'm not sure if they were made by the team or the sponsor. I have several from the early to mid 90's from specific events with the place's logo(chevron, builder's square, etc). But these weren't made in somebody's garage although the quality isn't exactly stellar. These were for something in particular. And most are tucked away in private collections long since forgotten about.

I am guessing that what the Astros Smokey card is then?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well I see that a bunch of Bagwell autos have recently popped on eBay. Anyone wanna set the over/under on the mysterious amount of new collectors that suddenly take an interest in his cards? Not so sure I'll be bidding.....

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Well I see that a bunch of Bagwell autos have recently popped on eBay. Anyone wanna set the over/under on the mysterious amount of new collectors that suddenly take an interest in his cards? Not so sure I'll be bidding.....

Yeah, i saw those. I have an eye on the older ones. I would think that its the perfect time to go for some considering it would take a lot of money to go for all of them. Will i be competing with you for the mjb and sp autos?

Not sure how those were distributed. I know I still need a Jim Deshaies. You kinda struck out picking Biggio as he has a lot of oddities that are hard to track down.

5. 1989 Smokey Bear Astros Team Set Very very rare. Once wrote to a Smokey expert, and he'd never heard of it. After 20 years of searching, bought a lot of seven (of 40) on eBay in early 2010.

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, i saw those. I have an eye on the older ones. I would think that its the perfect time to go for some considering it would take a lot of money to go for all of them. Will i be competing with you for the mjb and sp autos?

No, not on those. But good luck getting a good price on any of them. It won't be about who can afford what IMO. If I'm bidding against actual Bagwell collectors, I'd be ok and at least know what I'm looking at. Guess we will see...

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
gOIN THRU MY CHECKLIST AND i SAW THIS:

2002 New Britain Rock Cats Update Grandstand

Any ideas why this would be listed on a Bagwell list?

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I believe that this was a set that was a stadium giveaway that featured former players of the new Britain Red Sox.

bagwell minor league cards are all from the new Britain Red sox

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Got a few more stragglers over the past couple of days. Lets start with a biggie!

Super stoked on this Donation from fellow FCBer @Jack Straw. This Gold completes my 1996 Collectors Choice!
1996%20Collector%27s%20Choice%20Gold%20Signature%20402.jpg

1997 Donruss Signature Proofs
1997%20Donruss%20Signature%20Proofs%2019.jpg

2005 Throwback Collection Spectrum
2005%20Throwback%20Threads%20Throwback%20Collection%20Spectrum%205%2040%20of%20100.jpg

2015 Topps Chrome Rookie Sensations Refractor sparkle I dunno what its called really...
2015%20Topps%20Chrome%20Update%20Rookie%20Sensations%20RSC13.jpg

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
New pickups to share:

99 Finest Team Finest Blue Refractor /150

2003 Topps Pristine Primary Elements Patches Uncirculated Refractor 5/10 (Jersey #)

2004 Donruss Longball Leaders Die-Cut /50
Much harder insert to find, but looks really cool

05 Donruss Throwback Threads Throwback Collection Jersey Auto /20

05 Zenith White Hot Patch /10
Crappy patch but Don't think I've seen another pop up

05 Bowman Printing Plate Magenta 1/1

14 Pannini Classics Significant Signatures Bat Auto Gold /5

15 Topps Rookie Sensations 5x7 1/99

15 Topps Rookie Sensations Gold 5x7 1/49

15 Topps Rookie Sensations Autographs /25

15 Topps Coin Stamp Relics Nickel /50

15 Immaculate Triple Autographs Prime /5

15 Triple Threads Thr3ds Relics /25
Really cool looking cards, Like the old D3 or sportsflix, just with patches

15 Triple threads Autograph Relics Sapphire 3/3

2010 Famous Fabrics Nameplate "W" 1/1

Thanks for Looking Guys.

Also I picked up an extra 98 Pinnacle 3x5 sample card #22 , would be happy to sell it if one of you guys need it.

Dan

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
A few more pickups to share:

2014 Topps Tier 1 Dual Relic Autographs Bagwell/Biggio /10

2014 Topps Tier 1 Dual Autographs /25

I bought a lot of bagwell patch cards. I think all of them were doubles but I did find a few pieces of gold in the lot:

I think I have 4 or 5 of these now, but what makes it special

5/150 Jersey #

I think this is the 3rd copy of this card but what makes it special....

Hand numbered factory replacement

Love these cards, this is my 3rd one

The rest of these are available for trade/sale if you guys need/want them

2004 Ex Clearly Authentics Patch/Jersey /35

05 AM totT Dual Prime Red /50

05 Throwback Threads Jersey Prime /100

05 Leaf Limited Bat/Patch /75

Thanks for looking, got a bunch more incoming, hopefully I can show them off this weekend

Dan

Members online