Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Morning all! Cleaning around the apartment before work this afternoon.

Art, sorry to hear about your grandmother!

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Did you manage to stay awake for the 17 inning Marathon Friday night? I fell asleep lol and I live in the mountain time zone.

No, I live in the Eastern time zone so I only watched the first couple of innings before going to bed. I was a little surprised San Diego didn't have day games on the weekend. Apparently there was a marathon going on.

@ResidentBayFan - Sending get-well thoughts for your grandmother!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
G'morn gents & gals!

Over the weekend, I've come to realize that I'm simply not genuninely happy when collecting wood minis. I've spent way too much time online constantly searching for those /5s in hopes of having a (near-)complete set. Money isn't the issue but time is. I just don't want to stay on my toes 24/7 and be like that for many more months. I need "fresh air" for a change, you know? Also, my OCD self keeps looking at the fact many examples are off-centered and that keeps me from having an ear-to-ear grin. Too much of a distraction. Beautiful yet imperfect. I should be sticking to my original final set, that is, 2011 GQ leather minis.

Wish I've come to that realization much sooner. Ah, time to resell those 119 wood minis...meh.

@clarkzac, do you still need a Scott Diamond /5? :cool: It's coming my way from COMC as we speak.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Good Morning Everyone!

Today is work day #7 in a row and the start of my 12 hour shifts for supporting the Go Live. 5 of these then I have the weekend off. Then 4 more 12 hours days next week. Have a great day fellas!

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Good morning everyone!!

Jamison - sorry to hear that's how you feel, always liked to see your "update" posts...

I'm actually in the same mood (kinda sorta); I'm moving most if not all of the Ginter 1/1s I have left, to shift the focus of my collection... I'm becoming more and more picky, but at least I won't waste too many resources that way!

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Good morning guys! The XXXX has hit the fan in the last week at work so we've been busy dealing with a bunch of stuff legal and otherwise.

Waiting to get feedback on an item I sold. I could really use the funds from it and Paypal won't clear the transaction until the buyer leaves me positive feedback. Package arrived there on Friday and still nothing from the guy. I understand that people have other stuff going on, but the seller was on my ass 5 days after the auction ended (2 days after he paid) about when it was going to arrive.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Art, I hope your Grandmother recovers swiftly and completely. :grouphug:

I'll have the package out sometime this week for your Bowman needs. I'll let you know.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Morning Gents! Just finishing up breakfast then heading off for a bike ride with Jen.

Art - VERY sorry to hear about your grandmother. I wish her the best in recovery and it is good to hear she is on the mend.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
G'morn gents & gals!

Over the weekend, I've come to realize that I'm simply not genuninely happy when collecting wood minis. I've spent way too much time online constantly searching for those /5s in hopes of having a (near-)complete set. Money isn't the issue but time is. I just don't want to stay on my toes 24/7 and be like that for many more months. I need "fresh air" for a change, you know? Also, my OCD self keeps looking at the fact many examples are off-centered and that keeps me from having an ear-to-ear grin. Too much of a distraction. Beautiful yet imperfect. I should be sticking to my original final set, that is, 2011 GQ leather minis.

Wish I've come to that realization much sooner. Ah, time to resell those 119 wood minis...meh.

@clarkzac, do you still need a Scott Diamond /5? :cool: It's coming my way from COMC as we speak.

What do you need for it!?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning Kiddies

Looks like I'll list my Hank Aaron Metal Auto Redemption tonight after I get home from work. The one and only that was listed and sold so far was listed first at 1299.00 bin/bo then lowered to 999.99 bin/bo but sold for only 300.00 offer. I think it should have gotten a few hundred more since it is numbered to only 10. But hey what do I know.

So I think I'll list mine for 799.99? with the hopes of getting over 400 for it? What do you guys think this card should get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts