Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 Boxes of GQ. Slow start, strong finish.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Opened the first box, it was terrible. Opened the second box, it was looking even worse. Then 4 hits in the last 4 packs, including 2 in one pack that literally gave me an old woody (get your mind out of the gutter and see below) to save the break.

Got a fair mix of SP high numbered cards. Here are two of the better ones.

Relics from box one:

Autos from box one:

Box 2

These are in the order pulled...

Fourth to last pack...

Hosmer "patch" 25/25

The old woody 5/5 (if you cannot read it, it is Lou Gehrig) - **same pack as the Hosmer above**

2nd to last pack

MaGill auto 12/25 (scrub yes, but still #/25)

Last pack:

Moore 1/1 Cyan

To be fair, I did somewhat shuffle the packs from the second box as I took them out. But, I had no way to know that I loaded those hits at the end.

Crap in box 1, and then a relic /25, an auto /25, a wood mini /5 and a plate 1/1 all in the same box. Go figure.

Nothing FS/FT right now.

Thanks

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
So Tanaka is definitely a SP? Cha-ching if you move it Now! One nit-pick for Topps: Eaton as a D-Back still? Or did he sign them way early?

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
So Tanaka is definitely a SP? Cha-ching if you move it Now! One nit-pick for Topps: Eaton as a D-Back still? Or did he sign them way early?

Tanaka is card #346 . Anything over 300 is supposed to a SP. It was also backwards in the pack, like all the other SP's. But, who knows how SP'ed it really is.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
So weird - I got the same exact Hosmer "patch" (mine was numbered 1\25) and I had a wood mini in the same pack (joe Kelly). Wonder if this was the case with all the jumbo relics...

As a side note - since when is a plain gray jersey swatch a "patch"?

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
So weird - I got the same exact Hosmer "patch" (mine was numbered 1\25) and I had a wood mini in the same pack (joe Kelly). Wonder if this was the case with all the jumbo relics...

As a side note - since when is a plain gray jersey swatch a "patch"?

Odd that they would combine those two types of cards into one pack.

And, yes, not really a patch at all.

Members online