Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 World Series SF vs KC prediction thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I give Peavy a lot of credit for doing what he did at his age tonight even though the box score doesn't look too impressive.

Kansas City's pitching is absolutely dynamite!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Seems like Strickland gets lit up every other time he goes out there. Folks were talking about how he's the "closer of the future," but 5 homers in 6 appearances in the postseason? Pff.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I hope Strickland doesn't make another appearance. Not only does he get lit up, it's the second time this post season he made an ass of himself after giving up a homerun

Sent from my LGMS323 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Machi and Strickland have both been garbage this postseason. Should have just brought in affeldt to relieve peavy.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I hope Strickland doesn't make another appearance. Not only does he get lit up, it's the second time this post season he made an ass of himself after giving up a homerun

Sent from my LGMS323 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Strickland should not pitch again this WS. Stupid idiot cant control his emotions.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Huge win by the Royals with the next 3 games in San Fran. The overdue Royals bats did bust out against Peavy. Of course, he has never pitched 6 innings in 8 postseason starts. That's the longest streak in postseason history. The Giants are the 1st team in postseason history to have all 9 starters with exactly 1 hit in a game. The odds of Bumgarner starting games 1, 4, and 7 just went up. I wouldn't pitch Strickland again in the WS. He will be good, just not now. I like the Giants in Game 3. Go Royals!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think the giants like that he can throw gas but he's still young, he's obviously not the Sergio Romo of this postseason. Bring in Timmy more! Im holding out hope somehow, someway, he ends up in pinstripes. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs like Peavy needed this year

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Bring in Timmy more!

The fact that he had to leave the game with back issues puts a question mark on his availability for the rest of this series.

I'm a die-hard Giants fan, but I have little faith in Peavy, Hudson, and Voggy.

Peavy gets shaky after 50 pitches. Unless the Giants hand him a huge lead, then he gets iffy.
Hudson had hip problems last month that caused him to have a dreadful September. He pitched well vs the Nats, and started out good vs the Cards, but ended up getting slapped for 4 runs late.
With Voggy, 9 of the 16 batters he faced in 3 innings of work reached base. Boch gave him a quick hook.

If Hudson blows it tomorrow, then I think we may see Bum on short rest for Game 4 (and game 7 if it gets that far).

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think Bochy pulled Peavy a little too early last night and instead of Voggy going I think Petit should get a chance, dude has been rock solid especially lately.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Seems like Strickland gets lit up every other time he goes out there. Folks were talking about how he's the "closer of the future," but 5 homers in 6 appearances in the postseason? Pff.

He's young, I wouldn't give up on him.I used to think the same thing about Motte, and just 2 years later he's closing out Game 7 of the World Series.And saved 40 plus games the next year.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
He's young but I don't think the world series is the place to get experience. He went from double A to the show. I'm not giving up on him but it wouldn't make sense to lose a world series because of him

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
He's young but I don't think the world series is the place to get experience. He went from double A to the show. I'm not giving up on him but it wouldn't make sense to lose a world series because of him

So who would you replace him with?Can't take him off the roster unless he is hurt?

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
So who would you replace him with?Can't take him off the roster unless he is hurt?

You can't get him off the roster now, but they don't have to march him out there. Boch has already said that he's pushing Strick and Machi back and moving all the other relievers forward.

However, the bullpen gives me nightmares.

Casilla = usually solid.
Affeldt = solid.
Lopez = lefty killer, but "meh" vs righties.
Romo = I still don't trust him.
Petite = solid middle innings eater.
Lincecum = Boch has been hiding him under the bullpen bench, and there's got to be a reason.
Machi = he's lost it.
Strickland = the rookie is in over his head. Giants probably thought he could be a "secret weapon" in the postseason like K-Rod was for the Angels back in 2002.

Basically, I hope we can depend on Huddy and Voggy for 6 or 7 strong, and let Affeldt, Petite, Lopez, Romo, and Casillia handle the rest.

Of course, if the Giants offence can wake up and do some damage, that'll take the pressure off Huddy and Voggy to be perfect.

Members online