Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC increasing shipping rates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
COMC is increasing their shipping rates:

https://blog.comc.com/2016/07/05/comc-shipping-update-2/

I suppose that means the best way to do things is buy and hold cards in your account and when you get enough cards that it would cost them more than $3.99 to ship, have them delivered. Shipping just 1-4 cards each time should mean that their new rates become a huge profit center for them.

Shipping time remains slow.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Hey, even Netflix finally raised their prices. This was inevitable. If you don't have to have the cards NOW, just wait for a shipping deal.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
The increase seems ok to me. Hell, they give away money for buying cards, and don't charge buyers storage fees. I usually ship every two to three months anyway, usually in lots of at least 60 cards.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
It's now $4.99 to ship to Canada, which is still cheaper than pretty much any other online source. I usually only ship once I have at least a dozen or so cards, so it's still a good deal. Probably will remain pretty slow... used to be 3-4 weeks to my Toronto-area address.

Apparently they bring cards across the border on a regular basis, and all Canadian orders will ship from their British Columbia location. I think only ship once a week on Thursdays and the order has to be received by Tuesday night.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
The rush shipping now makes no sense to do. Was $4.99 for any amount of cards now you have to pay an extra $.25 per card to ship rushed. You already give them $.25 when you buy the card in the first place for shipping and handling. The only thing I liked about rush was it was only $2 more but your cards would be packaged that day and shipped next. Now say you have 100 cards (keep in mind they get $.25 for S&H when you buy a card so they already made $25 off you) you really going to pay $3.99 base price + ($.25 x 100) $25 = $28.99 for rush?? Hell no, you're going to save the $25 and just wait a few extra days and send standard. Heck, last time I used standard I requested on the 26th and it was sent the 28th.

Feel like if they just raised the prices by a buck or two across the board (like they did with standard) I'd be okay with it but it just feels like a money grab.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It's now $4.99 to ship to Canada, which is still cheaper than pretty much any other online source.

Does that include the various cross-border junk fees? IIRC, the COMC blog mentioned fees would be added to canadian shipments for duties or customs or whatever is charged by Canadian authorities.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Does that include the various cross-border junk fees? IIRC, the COMC blog mentioned fees would be added to canadian shipments for duties or customs or whatever is charged by Canadian authorities.

I believe the new shipping fees include customs fees for standard shipping. The wording in the COMC blog is a bit ambiguous to me:

In Canada, you can now avoid the hassle of dealing with customs by shipping through Canada Post. Because we regularly drive shipments across the border, we now charge duties when you place your shipment request, alleviating you of any surprise fees while eliminating the provincial tax and Canadian Border Service Agency handling fees.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I just requested a shipment with the new rate. Today is 7/22 and it tells me that the shipment will be mailed 8/6 for an 8/8 delivery! That is 15 days from request to ship date if that is on target. That will set a new record for them with me. Are they that busy? I work about 3.5 miles from the warehouse. They need a local pick up option.

Since I joined the site, my request to ship days have been:

2011 - 4 *
2012 - 14 *
2012 - 4
2012 - 4
2013 - 4
2013 - 6
2014 - 3
2014 - 8 *
2015 - 8
2015 - 5 *
2016 - 2
2016 - 5
2016 - ???

* on or just before/just after Black Friday

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
In all fairness, I had to update this. My shipment arrived today. Now keep in mind that I had it delivered to a Redmond address, which is where COMC is located. It didn't have far to go!

It was slated to ship 8/6, so I got it a few days earlier than expected. Still, I requested shipment on 7/22. For my $4 S/H, I got it in 13 days.

I just requested a shipment with the new rate. Today is 7/22 and it tells me that the shipment will be mailed 8/6 for an 8/8 delivery! That is 15 days from request to ship date if that is on target. That will set a new record for them with me. Are they that busy? I work about 3.5 miles from the warehouse. They need a local pick up option.

Since I joined the site, my request to ship days have been:

2011 - 4 *
2012 - 14 *
2012 - 4
2012 - 4
2013 - 4
2013 - 6
2014 - 3
2014 - 8 *
2015 - 8
2015 - 5 *
2016 - 2
2016 - 5
2016 - 13

* on or just before/just after Black Friday

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Requested shipment on 7/19, it shipped 8/4, arrived 8/6. It was only a 10 card shipment, not like they had to go pull 150 cards. Usually I wait 'til I have more piled up, but I needed one of these. In any case, more than 2 weeks now for them to ship at the cheap rate. Ridiculous.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I personally don't think 2 weeks at the cheap bulk ship rate is crazy. Do I wish it was closer to a week, sure, but I'm ok at 2 weeks if that's the service I choose.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
you just have to remember COMC is very inefficient in order fulfillment (human labor time and costs). Still surprised I used to have a 30 card order shipped in about 3 days the last time I used the service. I'll just have to lower my expectations for service speed the next time I decide to use them since from recent reports they seem to be giving ebay priority over their site sales now.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
After hearing all the stories I opted to go with a different shipping option with my last order. First time I've ever done anything besides the $3 option. Cost $12 and some change, but requested shipment on Tuesday and cards arrived Friday. When I first requested shipment, the estimated arrival date was next Monday so they beat that by a couple days. Was quite a bit more than usual but for about 50 cards including a couple graded cards, I didn't think it was too bad.

Members online