Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay sales up or down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Just got done sorting boxes of cards during my first week of “CV-acation”.

Got a ton to go to COMC but a good backlog of stuff to put on eBay.

I hardly sell, less than 40 FB as seller, and I’m gonna list them anyway but I was just wondering if any of the bigger sports cards sellers have noticed a sizable change, up or down, in sales?

Selling more cuz people are stuck inside and buying more online overall?

Or selling less due to people buying less of non-essentials?

Just wondering...

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Just got done sorting boxes of cards during my first week of “CV-acation”.

Got a ton to go to COMC but a good backlog of stuff to put on eBay.

I hardly sell, less than 40 FB as seller, and I’m gonna list them anyway but I was just wondering if any of the bigger sports cards sellers have noticed a sizable change, up or down, in sales?

Selling more cuz people are stuck inside and buying more online overall?

Or selling less due to people buying less of non-essentials?

Just wondering...

I don’t sell on eBay, but traffic to my site has been up and that is even after removing all advertising. More orders have been coming in as well.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
My purchases are up the last 3 weeks.

My March sales were about half of February with only 4 cards the last 2 weeks, but most of my listings are low end football autos

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I haven't seen much of a slow down yet. Most of the stuff I've sold since this all got started has been low-end, nothing really to get excited about, but I'll take it. I'm assuming people sitting at home getting caught up on sets/player needs with their extra time. Generally the sales have been under $10, but selling something more days than not. I think it would be better if there was baseball, but again, I'll take it.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
It sort of feels like half the world has called it quits because they are watching their dollars closers.

The other half is home more so their ebay spending has doubled.

All in all, I haven't noticed a change, and if I had no idea what was happening out there, I wouldn't have noticed a thing.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Come to think of it, I’ve been buying more on eBay. Seems to be some quality stuff being offered.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Can't speak to the seller side, but as a buyer I second this. It was pretty dry there for a few months and I wasn't finding any cards to add to the collection. But over the past two weeks or so I've been seeing more cards listed, including some nice ones. So if there's one good thing about CV that's it. And maybe the fact that traffic around Denver has gone down to where it was 30 years ago :)

Come to think of it, I’ve been buying more on eBay. Seems to be some quality stuff being offered.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Can't speak to the seller side, but as a buyer I second this. It was pretty dry there for a few months and I wasn't finding any cards to add to the collection. But over the past two weeks or so I've been seeing more cards listed, including some nice ones. So if there's one good thing about CV that's it. And maybe the fact that traffic around Denver has gone down to where it was 30 years ago :)

I’ve only added a couple I needed but I’ve definitely seen stuff being listed that doesn’t come up very often.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
200 items listed -- 99% cheaper than next guy and i still get lower offers . This is mainly on cards UNDER $5.00 most other priced $2.00 higher .But when you have almost ONE MILLION inventory I well sell or not - It came out of a box can go back .

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Posted about nine items today before internet/laptop starting being wanky.

Sold 2. With offers on two more.

One at market price, one below.

Either way I’m happy.

Still good amount to list, but mostly lesser desired stuff, rookie lots and odds and ends non-sports collectibles, mostly comic book related stuff...

Members online