Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
If you guys can't fill the 10 spots ill jump in again to get it rolling. But only if it doesn't fill, I wanted others who didn't get in last round to get in this one.

Ditto! Also, I will be sending a box to Bill tomorrow for this round.

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
The cards for the box are more higher endish stuff right? If so I'd love to participate, but couldn't because I'd have nothing to put back into the box. Oh well, good luck on the second round anyway...

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
No, but I will try to make some headway with this.

@Bill Menard - Did anyone try calling the local police regarding the stolen box? Obviously we have his address, and considering it's probably a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff that was stolen, they may at least make a visit. Just a thought.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Just wanted to post an update that I spoke over the phone with Mike today. He was nice enough about the whole thing and said that the box is actually all packed up and is in his truck ready to go and that he would ship it out today, to me. He mentioned that he took out a few cards, but put in much more than he took out. Since we hope to use the contents of the box to get a new box off on another trip around the USA, those extra additions he made will be great to boost up the contents of the box.

I'll give it until Tuesday of next week to see if it arrives. Since it's going priority mail and being mailed today, it shouldn't take any longer than that. If I don't have it by then, I'll move forward with filing a complaint with the postal inspector's office and contact local authorities in his area to see if they can assist in recovering the package. I am hopeful that he will just follow through and deliver the card to me as stated. Thank you to everyone that helped me with this issue! All the suggestions and advice have been very much appreciated.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Not to piss on the parade here but......
~being Mike hasnt lied before about shipping it twice already, Im gonna hold my breath that this will arrive ASAP~

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Bill, I think Tuesday is a solid "break point" for delivery from Mike.

I really hope he follows through because it's really not worth the headaches that will follow. It's simply not logical to steal this and bring in the trouble so I'll be anxious to see where we are come Tuesday.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
is he going to rejoin the thread/board? Maybe get in on box two?

It be nice to hear from him in this thread and get an explanation. but my vote would be he's 86'd from any further boxes. Just too much of a headache this round with no communication.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Sorry for the delay..... I received the package of Tigers cards and I'll get them out to the rightful owner this week.

I guess you never got around to sending these cards back out to [MENTION=4092]mmier118[/MENTION] who they were supposed to go to?????

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
is he going to rejoin the thread/board? Maybe get in on box two?

lol, no

No excuse for his lack of communication. If he has any interest in repairing his online reputation he probably should post here; other than that I can't imagine anyone buying/selling/trading with this guy. Repeated lies on shipping and ZERO communication, great guy!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Thanks to Mike Meier and Jeff for sending packages to start the next box! Got some great stuff today to get us going again!

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Thanks to Mike Meier and Jeff for sending packages to start the next box! Got some great stuff today to get us going again!

no problem
looked like we had a lot of request for 90's and early 2000's inserts so sent everything I had. hope that gets a good start on the next box

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
OK will be happy to send a bunch of modern inserts to help the box along. Bill,. please PM you address and I'll get you the cards ASAP. Probably this weekend I'm mostly off and know where to go

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Got a package today from Pete C. (U L Washington Rookie) today. Some great items that he sent that I know people will like.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Don't know... Haven't been home today. Crazy day at work then right to the ballpark for one of the boy's games!

Members online