Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew * September 2018 * End of Summer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
A seller who can't even accept money is the strangest thing I've heard of. Maybe he has a 3rd strike pending or something along those lines.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Yeah. MO's. Those were the days. On rare occasion I've even mailed cash. Amazingly I never got burned.

I’ve only been burned one time on eBay and that was back when I was in high school in 2000 or 2001. My very first purchase. Some Air Jordan 11’s, the seller took my money, closed his eBay account, and I never got my shoes or money back.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Only one time? That's pretty good. I think I've been taken less than 5 times online, including well over 1000 ebay purchases. Definitely been burned more times in person, like getting short changed at the liquor store or whatever.

I’ve only been burned one time on eBay and that was back when I was in high school in 2000 or 2001. My very first purchase. Some Air Jordan 11’s, the seller took my money, closed his eBay account, and I never got my shoes or money back.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I think I was screwed on 1 Ebay purchase where a Topps Sterling box might have been pre opened. Seller might have shilled it to boot, can't prove it. but odds are one or the other happened. :rolleyes:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
BoSox score 19 in 1st game of a doubleheader, not sure what the combined runs record is but they have a shot at it vs the crappy O's.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I remember being in high school when I first had an eBay account going to the post office or the grocery store for.a money order once or twice a week, it's funny how something that was a giant pain in the ass becomes a fond memories of.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So the [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] thread about an old redemption reminded me of an old coupon I tried to cash in (sort of) funny story.

I bought an old SI magazine for some reason and there was a Dairy Queen coupon in it (I can't recall if it was being used as a bookmark or a tearout of some kind) but it was almost 20 years old. My goal wasn't even to cash it in but just have some fun the next time I eat there.. might have had more than I bargained for. I go to a DQ and when I pull into the window I mention that I would like to add on this "recent and relevant" coupon and wink wink. The lady at the window, who was missing at least 1 tooth and over 240lbs looks at it and looks at me. . . . . . . .

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
money orders for auctions was a huge pain. don't recall getting burnt but did buy a few forged autos in the early days. Ebay with no pics and another auction site that was semi popular then. wastd nearly $400 back in the day on several items cause of the non pics. I hope the scumbag that sold forged griffey bats got his due at some point.

Members online

No members online now.