Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone know bigboydsportscards3 on eBay? SHILL alert?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
either way, yer not gonna be getting a apple from me in the morning : )

well unless you look like this, i dont want it, hahaha
sexy-teacher-with-apple.jpeg

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
best seller in the hobby and you guys take crap about him for 9 plus pages, just crazy. he should take you guys to court for defamation of the best in the business, not the other way around

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Just to stir the pot... there's no proof that BigBoyd is NOT Swag Cards, and is only paying "himself" to avoid eBay looking into all of these transactions. That being said, each transaction that is paid can certainly be refunded, with no cost to anyone (until recently).

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Just to stir the pot... there's no proof that BigBoyd is NOT Swag Cards, and is only paying "himself" to avoid eBay looking into all of these transactions. That being said, each transaction that is paid can certainly be refunded, with no cost to anyone (until recently).

[h=3]BigBoydSportscards3 Shill bidding - Page 6 - Blowout Cards Forums[/h]
Originally Posted by 37Jetson Shill Happens again, a.k.a Bump I have no dog in this fight. I have met Matt of Swagcards and he seems like a real stand
www.[B]blowoutcards.com[/B]/forums/football/234624-bigboyd... - Cached

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
THe link doesn't work. That being said, again, it doesn't mean that Matt of Swagcards who seems like a real "stand" ISN'T running a scam along with BigBoyd.

The fun thing is, there's no way to prove a negative. I have no dog in this fight; I bought something from BB recently via BIN, but I've heard the rumors for years.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Jesus I just read this entire thread and all I have to show for it is a headache and a red forehead...

For what it's worth...Is this Boyd character a shill bidder? Maybe. Is it possible, even probable that, due to the volume he sells, he has dozens, maybe even hundreds of loyal customers that buy almost exclusively from him? Sure. Is it possible that many people in this thread are wasting an insane amount of time trying to prove something that is not possible to prove given the evidence available to them? Most definitely.

For me, I'm going to bid what I'm willing to pay for an auction and not a penny more. If I pay half of what I'm willing to pay or right on what I'm willing to pay, I'm happy because I got the card I wanted at a price I'm happy with. Don't like this guy or what his history could or could not point to? Don't bid on his stuff. None of the evidence shown in this thread is enough to even come close to prove anything. At most it shows potentially odd behavior by one or more of the parties involved. Please nobody get a wild hair in your ass and think taking this guy to court will solve the issue because you will lose.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Jesus I just read this entire thread and all I have to show for it is a headache and a red forehead...

For what it's worth...Is this Boyd character a shill bidder? Maybe. Is it possible, even probable that, due to the volume he sells, he has dozens, maybe even hundreds of loyal customers that buy almost exclusively from him? Sure. Is it possible that many people in this thread are wasting an insane amount of time trying to prove something that is not possible to prove given the evidence available to them? Most definitely.

For me, I'm going to bid what I'm willing to pay for an auction and not a penny more. If I pay half of what I'm willing to pay or right on what I'm willing to pay, I'm happy because I got the card I wanted at a price I'm happy with. Don't like this guy or what his history could or could not point to? Don't bid on his stuff. None of the evidence shown in this thread is enough to even come close to prove anything. At most it shows potentially odd behavior by one or more of the parties involved. Please nobody get a wild hair in your ass and think taking this guy to court will solve the issue because you will lose.

settle down, Beavis. Your opinion on the matter is no more important than anyone Else's so stop being so sanctimonious about it :!:

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
If for some reason someone doesn't want to bid on his cards, don't...they'll just make them less expensive for the rest of us. /thread

Shillbidpolice

Dec 26, 2019
Steubenville, OH
BIGBOYDS SOORTSCARDS SHILL BIDS UNMISTAKABLE PROOF

I have unmistakable proof BigBoyds Sportscards shill bid on the following listing: LUKA DONCIC 2018/19 PANINI CORNERSTONES RC CRYSTAL AUTO QUAD 2COLOR PATCH #/75C sir! It is unmistakable. Everyone needs to go to the Luka Doncic Cornerstones listing above that ended on November 23, 2019 at 19:27. Item number:293329702774. Amazing how card number 41/75 sold on that day for $4,050 that was bid up by 2 users (3***s and o***2) with a single feedback and 299 feedback respectively from the $350 mark all the way up to $4k. Then Bigboydssportcards3 sells this exact same card (#41/75) on December 16, 2019 with the same listing title and for $512.05! Hmmm.....weird right?
From,
The Shill Bid Police

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
What people still bid during the early days of au auction is beyond me. One last second bid with a sniping program and you will never be shilled. Not to say someone couldn't lay down a snipe "minimum" bid to protect their item and if it is surpassed, great. If not, they keep the item and re-list later. About the same thing as a reserve, but shadier and it will cost you fees that way.

At least you won't see your proxy bid being pecked away by a true shill bidder.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I have unmistakable proof BigBoyds Sportscards shill bid on the following listing: LUKA DONCIC 2018/19 PANINI CORNERSTONES RC CRYSTAL AUTO QUAD 2COLOR PATCH #/75C sir! It is unmistakable. Everyone needs to go to the Luka Doncic Cornerstones listing above that ended on November 23, 2019 at 19:27. Item number:293329702774. Amazing how card number 41/75 sold on that day for $4,050 that was bid up by 2 users (3***s and o***2) with a single feedback and 299 feedback respectively from the $350 mark all the way up to $4k. Then Bigboydssportcards3 sells this exact same card (#41/75) on December 16, 2019 with the same listing title and for $512.05! Hmmm.....weird right?
From,
The Shill Bid Police

paranoid much ? digging up a 7-year old thread ? wow....

of course there is NO WAY the card could have ended that high in november and then be sold in december for less (by the same seller) after the first auction's winner failed to pay because as we all know , every item on ebay is paid for immediately......

Shillbidpolice

Dec 26, 2019
Steubenville, OH
So it makes sense to you that ONLY HIS CARD SOLD FOR 4K when all the others from that day sold for approx. $400?! You can choose to be blind and refuse it happens. All i did was look up shill bidding and bigboyd Sportscards and this thread popped up. It is not paranoia when you have proof dude...this is literally the definition of shill bidding that was bid up by not just 1 person but by 2 and is pretty evident that they knew based on the a Doncic buzz that they could get more money for it and wanted to repost it at a later date. Funny how Boyd said he would shut down his entire eBay store if someone had proof of shill bidding and would donate 10k to a charity of choice....I guess we will see. I hope he at least donates 10k to a charity.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
No relation...but sounds like we have similar goals! Keep this hobby sacred and fun for the next generations

Welcome to the board and thanks for the heads up. We need more people out there helping to clean up the hobby and especially from stuff like this.

Shillbidpolice

Dec 26, 2019
Steubenville, OH
Welcome to the board and thanks for the heads up. We need more people out there helping to clean up the hobby and especially from stuff like this.
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] thank you for the warm welcome. I completely agree and hope more will c9me to light. I’m still looking to find many more offenders so long as my kids also love this hobby as much as I do.

Shillbidpolice

Dec 26, 2019
Steubenville, OH

[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] thank you for the warm welcome. I completely agree and hope more will come to light. I’m still looking to find many more offenders so long as my kids also love this hobby as much as I do.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts