Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Andre "The Hawk" Dawson Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PineTar5

Jun 7, 2016
Amazing collection. If I remember correctly, you have some ridiculous number of Dawson cards. What's the updated count?

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Amazing collection. If I remember correctly, you have some ridiculous number of Dawson cards. What's the updated count?

I currently have 160,000 Andre Dawson cards counted, sorted, and stored. I still have tens of thousands of Andre Dawsoncards yet to sort and count and and properly file away.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Hawk, u want this? 1993 upper deck gold hologram. Also have the regular base card as well

attachment.php

That card is one of my all time favorite Andre Dawson cards. I had it burned in wood except with him in a Cubs uniform

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Can someone please tell me what the hell makes this a 1/1, and why is it already up to $50??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351939089209

Aside from the fact that Dustin is bidding on it...

It's because collectors aren't very bright and they let Topps make them think because they stamp a card with the word Dynasty that the card is automatically worth more money. I won't be winning this card, I just. Is on it to get it on my list so I can watch it. "High end" Topps products are such a stupidity but people keep on buying them, but I'm sure people think what I do is stupid also.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
It's because collectors aren't very bright and they let Topps make them think because they stamp a card with the word Dynasty that the card is automatically worth more money. I won't be winning this card, I just. Is on it to get it on my list so I can watch it. "High end" Topps products are such a stupidity but people keep on buying them, but I'm sure people think what I do is stupid also.

It really is peculiar that the further we go down the rabbit hole the smaller, to me anyway, the difference between high end and other products. I like the dynasty product, looks really nice, cool patches, good product overall but to me the difference in quality doesn't match the difference in price to a lot of products offered. I'm no marketing genius but Topps must really be on to something or maybe I'm missing something.
Having said all that I have two player collections Tim Wakefield and Craig Biggio. I can't pull the trigger on buying a Biggio just because I can use that $50-75 on filling so many other holes. If Wakefield was in that release I'd be quite likely to drop my life savings because he has so few offerings from a product like that.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
It really is peculiar that the further we go down the rabbit hole the smaller, to me anyway, the difference between high end and other products. I like the dynasty product, looks really nice, cool patches, good product overall but to me the difference in quality doesn't match the difference in price to a lot of products offered. I'm no marketing genius but Topps must really be on to something or maybe I'm missing something.
Having said all that I have two player collections Tim Wakefield and Craig Biggio. I can't pull the trigger on buying a Biggio just because I can use that $50-75 on filling so many other holes. If Wakefield was in that release I'd be quite likely to drop my life savings because he has so few offerings from a product like that.

I honestly don't think the Dynasty product looks that much nicer than other products except for the cards with nice patches, but this Dawson cards has two plain pieces of white jersey with blue pinstripes. It's nothing special in the grand scheme of things. Sure I would love to own it, but not nearly for what it will go for at auction. I might pick up a /5 version if one hits eBay at auction instead of a ridiculous BIN.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I honestly don't think the Dynasty product looks that much nicer than other products except for the cards with nice patches, but this Dawson cards has two plain pieces of white jersey with blue pinstripes. It's nothing special in the grand scheme of things. Sure I would love to own it, but not nearly for what it will go for at auction. I might pick up a /5 version if one hits eBay at auction instead of a ridiculous BIN.

This.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Almost tagged you in morning thread the other day to see if you were ok. Glad to see you make a post.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Almost tagged you in morning thread the other day to see if you were ok. Glad to see you make a post.

Ryan

I am d oing well. I started my own business and I have been so busy with it. Hoping to settle down here pretty soon and have some time for life again. I did pick up my holy grail in January. A PSA 10 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I am d oing well. I started my own business and I have been so busy with it. Hoping to settle down here pretty soon and have some time for life again. I did pick up my holy grail in January. A PSA 10 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold.

Oh wow on both fronts. Good luck w the business, I'm debating if I want to give it a go again with a card/memorabilia business again this year.

On the Dawson side, doesn't get much better man. Glad you were able to land it, that's a big one to cross off. What's the grail now?

Ryan

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Oh wow on both fronts. Good luck w the business, I'm debating if I want to give it a go again with a card/memorabilia business again this year.

On the Dawson side, doesn't get much better man. Glad you were able to land it, that's a big one to cross off. What's the grail now?

Ryan

That has been my holy grail for 20 years. It's hard for me to call anything else a holy grail but my next most wanted card of his would have to be the 1982 FBI Disc, preferably a whole milk carton.

It was always my dream growing up to own a card shop. I wish I would have stuck with it. Best of luck if you decide to give it a go.

Members online