Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Holy mackerel... $122 with 4 1/2 days left :rolleyes:

Yikes. Occasionally I'm thankful when cards like this don't pop up for my guys often. My desire is often greater than my means. You just hope they pop up at the right time. If it ain't another player collector, a set or 90's collector will make their presence known

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yikes. Occasionally I'm thankful when cards like this don't pop up for my guys often. My desire is often greater than my means. You just hope they pop up at the right time. If it ain't another player collector, a set or 90's collector will make their presence known

Yea, this is nuts. If a Belle spiked I wouldn't go much higher than that (I don't think).

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
McAbee reminded me today of a card he's shown me that would interest some of you. I don't think I have a scan.

It's a 1995 Pinnacle Artist's Proof of Rusty Greer. The card is actually a UER picturing Jeff Frye (?), but that's not what's weird. Instead of the dark foil for the Artist's Proof stamp it instead has the rainbow foil used for 1995 Select APs. It makes me wonder how many are out there like this and does every player have at least one? Can you imagine having that card of the 4-player checklist w/ Griffey, Frank, Bagwell, and Piazza?

*UPDATE - more info from McAbee on those rainbow foil APs - "The guy who i bought it from had a dozen or so and said he got them all in 1 pack. My guess is they are the only 12 since I have not seen another one since"

Last edited:

dalsubfan

Dec 13, 2010
Dallas
Holy mackerel... $122 with 4 1/2 days left :rolleyes:

Dalsubfan here,

Sorry RustyGreerFan didn't mean to bump it into stratosphere. Just love me some Rusty G. Chris will be pissed at me too. Many years ago I traded him my Hank B collection and some green stuff for his Teixeira. We promised to not poach on each other's area. But I stopped at $88.

Any 1/1 Teixeira's out there drop me a line. Always buying

Dalsubfan

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Just got these in, good price on the Thome

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1362174042135.jpg
    1362174042135.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 57

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
McAbee reminded me today of a card he's shown me that would interest some of you. I don't think I have a scan.

It's a 1995 Pinnacle Artist's Proof of Rusty Greer. The card is actually a UER picturing Jeff Frye (?), but that's not what's weird. Instead of the dark foil for the Artist's Proof stamp it instead has the rainbow foil used for 1995 Select APs. It makes me wonder how many are out there like this and does every player have at least one? Can you imagine having that card of the 4-player checklist w/ Griffey, Frank, Bagwell, and Piazza?

*UPDATE - more info from McAbee on those rainbow foil APs - "The guy who i bought it from had a dozen or so and said he got them all in 1 pack. My guess is they are the only 12 since I have not seen another one since"

Like this? The guy I bought this from had a Bonds Swingmen and I have seen a Frank Thomas on a Thomas collectors webpage
DSC_8933.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Dalsubfan here,

Sorry RustyGreerFan didn't mean to bump it into stratosphere. Just love me some Rusty G. Chris will be pissed at me too. Many years ago I traded him my Hank B collection and some green stuff for his Teixeira. We promised to not poach on each other's area. But I stopped at $88.

Any 1/1 Teixeira's out there drop me a line. Always buying

Dalsubfan

Welcome to the board

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
A 1999 Gold Label Piazza 1/1 was listed last year, can't remember which class...Started at a ridiculous BIN ($999?) and then was relisted several times with decreasing BIN or starting auction price. Ultimately I think it sold for $250. I had been interested as a Piazza collector but I just wasn't a big fan of the card. That being said, I'm surprised the Rusty is so high given what the Piazza sold for.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It does surprise me more cards like these '90s 1/1s don't surface. Tons of these '90s 1/1s are probably just burried in a closet somewhere.

dalsubfan

Dec 13, 2010
Dallas
Hey - no prob! You're like the 4th highest bidder now :mrgreen:

I bought a couple Pudge cards from you on COMC awhile back. Good to see you on FCB.

I don't hit the Boards much too busy earning the money to pay for the Tex Habit.

Hey started this one that might interest you.

Photos | Photobucket's Top Collections of Pictures & Images

Not really trying to obsessive on Greer, if there is something in there you want, let me know. Someday when I get on to something else, I'll probably drop the binder off at the office in Arlington for him

More fun, before I put my 'stuff' on COMC I sent my Ben and Tim Grieve cards to Tom care of the Rangers. He sent me a thank you from the house. Going to send him some proofs and prototypes I picked up.

Anyway let me know on the Greers.

The Tex collection is at 82%, over 8000 cards, and over 800 1/1s including plates. I really need help

Dalsubfan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

No and I don't want to. That card I have yet to land and IMO, it's always ended at way more than I thought it was worth.

Members online

Latest posts