Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bargain box diving at the national

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Like usual, I LOVE digging through bargain boxes at any show.

The national, because of the size, can drive you crazy and hurt you back, shoulders, neck, etc. But sometimes it's worth it.

Although I didn't pick up anything super crazy this year, I found my share ranging from a couple of Randy Johnson "Marlboro" Rc's to nice jeter inserts to this for fifty cents.

I still have no idea where exactly these inserts came in and apparently neither does beckett. Anyone know EXACTLY what type of boxes?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1375564073922.jpg
    1375564073922.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 243

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Like usual, I LOVE digging through bargain boxes at any show.

The national, because of the size, can drive you crazy and hurt you back, shoulders, neck, etc. But sometimes it's worth it.

Although I didn't pick up anything super crazy this year, I found my share ranging from a couple of Randy Johnson "Marlboro" Rc's to nice jeter inserts to this for fifty cents.

I still have no idea where exactly these inserts came in and apparently neither does beckett. Anyone know EXACTLY what type of boxes?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

97 Score Hobby Reserve Boxes. 1:21 I believe. I have 3 boxes for my 90s group breaks lined up. Tuff cards to find in the market though. I am not sure how many boxes of that version they made but I doubt more than 20-50 exist of any player.

Ryan

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
That depends on how much you laid out for the trip and what kind of expenses you really have.

Yeah but someone like me could make it worth it. I'm the kind of fool who'll dig through every box. I'm sure I could easily fill a two row box!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
thats an expensive trip for dollar box diving

One would hope he's in it for the HOBBY so any slight defray of the cost of going to a HOBBY show by selling some of the bargain box singles would not mean he has to turn a profit on it.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
That depends on how much you laid out for the trip and what kind of expenses you really have.

I get that but I wouldn't fly halfway across the country to go to a show anyways. Even if I did, I'm not blowing my cash on a few really nice cards. I'd rather buy 1500-2000 really nice cards that are cheaper.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
LOL I know Mike he is a great guy, I also know he loves to turn a profit when he can. He owns a store.

Collecting cards is fun but at some point its nice to turn a profit to buy more or pocket it. either way turning a profit is a good thing

One would hope he's in it for the HOBBY so any slight defray of the cost of going to a HOBBY show by selling some of the bargain box singles would not mean he has to turn a profit on it.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks Joe, same here.

While bargain boxes are a HUGE part of my trip every year, it's not the only things I buy.

I typically buy hundreds of gu and autos too plus wax and better cards.

But I was disappointed that I wasn't hit in the head with one of these ;)

Attachments

• 1375630172995.jpg
    1375630172995.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 51

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
LOL I know Mike he is a great guy, I also know he loves to turn a profit when he can. He owns a store.

yep, that's where you have to turn a profit. Let's hope he got several cards he can sell for many times what he paid.

I would buy from a bargain box at the National for the love of the hobby as I am a true hobbyist, not a store owner or sports card "investor" who feels like they have to make money on everything they buy.