Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Embarrassingly "F'd up" cards by companies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
1405470988156.jpg

What's the odds two guys are named Ryan Braun in baseball?

What's the odds they were both rookies in the same year?

What's the odds one of their autos is stuck on the other's card?

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Here's another auto mess-up.

$_12.JPG

Remember when the fleet footed, defensive mogul Frank Thomas roamed the outfield?

Frank-Thomas.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
What ISN'T messed up here?

Attachments

• 1405475694169.jpg
    1405475694169.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 101

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
Let's not get away from the "embarrassing" requirement!

Topps sometimes uses embarrassing pictures.

If I was Jonathan Gray, I would be embarrassed this was my baseball card. I mean, Topps could have picked a better picture to use that didn't make it look like he was constipated. It's not even a real picture, really someone drew him that way.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1405515227.792695.jpg

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH

If I was Jonathan Gray, I would be embarrassed this was my baseball card. I mean, Topps could have picked a better picture to use that didn't make it look like he was constipated. It's not even a real picture, really someone drew him that way.

View attachment 38064

My real name is Jonathan Gray (same spelling) and I feel bad for the both of us. :mad:

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I haaaaaaate bugs! My initial reaction on pulling something like that from a pack would be to throw the cards and jump out of my chair and away from the table in a single fluid motion.

So is that thing sealed between the cardboard and the UV coating?

You still have it?

I'm on top of it. I pulled it originally back in the day.

Nojo

Sep 20, 2008
Nope. Sold it on eBay. I think I actually got like $20 for it.

Kinda wish I didn't sell it now.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Was the bug just smashed against the back of the card, or was it smashed between the cardboard and the UV coating (entomology relic)?

Nope. Sold it on eBay. I think I actually got like $20 for it.

Kinda wish I didn't sell it now.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I don't have a scan but I remember a Hideki Matsui bat barrel card containing one from Kazuo Matsui. Also when some Japanese players sign in kanji the company sometimes puts the sticker on the card upside down. Here's an example:

Lots of Jim Edmonds auto stickers are stuck upside-down.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

View attachment 38064

I thought these were real pictures but printed a certain way so they look painted/drawn.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I would assume that is the "template" that was used to guide the player on how to sign and perhaps he just slapped it into the stack with the others and it got missed. Either that or it got out through the back door. Either way, pretty bad.
Wish I still had this.

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I have a David Ortiz auto somewhere that the sticker is placed on upside down. To be fair, if you have ever seen his auto, it is kind of hard to tell.

Members online

Latest posts