Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A LARGE VINTAGE WAX PURCHASE FROM BBCE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Is anybody that bought the 1984 and 1985 interested in putting the sets together? I want to put them both together and I am looking for some people that would be interested in trading.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Is anybody that bought the 1984 and 1985 interested in putting the sets together? I want to put them both together and I am looking for some people that would be interested in trading.

I am busting mine tonight but I'd be willing to trade/sell you any you need to put together the set.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Sounds good Mac. I will have to figure out what I need and get back to you. I will probably do at least one more pack buy though first.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So since someone already pulled a Smith RC from 79 Topps that probably means my pack will contain nothing. :lol:

I haven't received mine yet. Hopefully soon.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
So since someone already pulled a Smith RC from 79 Topps that probably means my pack will contain nothing. :lol:

I haven't received mine yet. Hopefully soon.

Jeremy, your pack was one of the last to go out b/c I needed to get your address. There were two others with yours - Scott and Jeff. I do apologize for the delay. It was my fault for accidentally deleting the messages with addresses from people. I think I had too many beers that night. LOL

Both your pack and RedSoxSoul's came from the same grocery tray, so probably not going to be another Smith in there, but you never know!
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] - I think we have a good price on the 1993 SP box if it goes - 1993 Upper Deck SP Box | eBay

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Jeremy, your pack was one of the last to go out b/c I needed to get your address. There were two others with yours - Scott and Jeff. I do apologize for the delay. It was my fault for accidentally deleting the messages with addresses from people. I think I had too many beers that night. LOL

Both your pack and RedSoxSoul's came from the same grocery tray, so probably not going to be another Smith in there, but you never know!
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] - I think we have a good price on the 1993 SP box if it goes - 1993 Upper Deck SP Box | eBay

I agree. I'll probably get two of the '93 and two of the '94 but have to hope it fills

Breaking my product tonight. Just got home from work a sec ago

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

@MansGame - I think we have a good price on the 1993 SP box if it goes - 1993 Upper Deck SP Box | eBay

Lame. So I can expect a bunch of commons worth nothing. Awesome. :lol:

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I did pretty horrible. Didn't have high hopes but hoped I'd pull at least 1 decent rookie. Just got done opening my 36 packs:

2 - 1981 Topps: Rickey Henderson
3 - 1982 Donruss: Nolan Ryan
2 - 1983 Topps: not even a minor star
3 - 1984 Topps racks: uh, best card Tom Seaver
3 - 1985 Donruss: Cal Ripken Jr diamond king, that's about it
5 - 1985 Topps racks: Rickey Henderson, Mike Schmidtx2, Nolan Ryan
10 - 1987 Donruss: nothing of note outside of a Pete Rose, Ryne Sandberg, and a George Brett Diamond King
3 - 1989 Upper Deck: absoulutely nothing worth noting
5 - 1995 Bowman's Best: no good rookies, 2 refractors (Chuck Knoblauch, Craig Biggio)

congrats to those that did better than me. Hopefully the next round treats me a little better.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Nailed literally nothing in my wax break until I got to the last of it with '89 UD...

Packs 1-3 yielded me NOTHING...

Pack 4 = Second to last card, no joke...

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1361425709.300402.jpg

Couldn't be happier considering my first 10 packs of wax from the break left me with commons ;)

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I got steined

I thought I saw this guy's face often but didn't realize how often. The only pack I dodged him in was 1982 Donruss. Guess I'll have to become the one and only Bill Stein super collector.

stein.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Nailed literally nothing in my wax break until I got to the last of it with '89 UD...

Packs 1-3 yielded me NOTHING...

Pack 4 = Second to last card, no joke...

View attachment 12808

Couldn't be happier considering my first 10 packs of wax from the break left me with commons ;)

Congrats! If your gonna pull something from UD might as well be that.
Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Lets just say my $ was not well spent, though there is an outstanding Leaf pack somewhere, my (2) 82 Donruss, (2) 83 Topps, (4) 85 Donruss, (2) 89 UD, (2) 95 BBest, (1) 01 Leaf Limited returned NOTHING. Maybe a Jeter 95 BBest was my "best" card. Yeah, it hurt.

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Lets just say my $ was not well spent, though there is an outstanding Leaf pack somewhere, my (2) 82 Donruss, (2) 83 Topps, (4) 85 Donruss, (2) 89 UD, (2) 95 BBest, (1) 01 Leaf Limited returned NOTHING. Maybe a Jeter 95 BBest was my "best" card. Yeah, it hurt.

Ryan

Yea, I know how it must feel because I cracked through all of my packs and literally hit nothing what so ever until my last pack of '89 UD and I of course hit the Jr. card, which made up for it... it didn't make me whole on the $ I spent but it was fun.

That's why I'm going after the '93 and '94 SP this next go-around. Someone will nail the A.Rod and Jeter and if you do, you'll have either a really nice PC card or a nice chunk of change after you sell it (or even more if it grades well).

Members online

Latest posts