Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Here are some of my other pics taken a few months ago. These include some of my 90's inserts and parallels.
IMG_0015.jpgIMG_0013.jpgIMG_0018.jpg
Sorry I am just now getting around to listing some of my collection. I will try to list more frequently now! I am waiting on a 1989 Upper Deck Buy Back auto to arrive in the mail. Once it does, I'll post a picture of my buy back collection.

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
Great collection and presentation [MENTION=5489]murphy17[/MENTION]! Looks like you're channelling [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] with those stands. Saw some really rare stuff in there, thx for sharing

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Great Stuff Murphy :) which 1989 Upper Deck Buy Back auto you getting?
Griffeyjr

Last edited:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Wasnt the Mailday I was hoping fer........ listing sounded like the Redemption card
so before I return to sender
anyone wanna buy this??

Well sent them back to Burbank for a refund, the Search goes on..............

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Love the ovation autos too....looking for the rainbow version. Would love to get a specific card out of the 10, im sure you could guess which one!?

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
I'm a big fan of the ovation autos too. Great clean design with plenty of space for Junior's sig

00_Upper_Deck_Ovation_SuperSignatures_SSKGS.jpg

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
It would be pretty neat to pick a few cards with low print runs and see how much of the pr the collectors in this thread own. I bet the percentages would be pretty impressive amongst the 10 or so of us there is

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Thanks [MENTION=6539]FriarG[/MENTION] ,Almost committed to it,seemed high though,dang it.lol

Those ovations are niiiiice,Btw.

And nice pc Murphy,ya got some tough ones sitting there!

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
I'm glad you all enjoyed seeing pics of my collection. GriffeyJr, you have some awesome stuff too! I really like the MVP Glove auto. I would love to pick up that one as well some day. That is your Ovation sigs rainbow numbered to 10? Amazing! I have never even seen one before. Any chance you would be willing to trade/sell it??? This should take you to my photobucket account: http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx160/murphy17kgj/

FriarG, thanks a lot. I have bought a few of these autos from you, so you have helped build up the collection. I'm still waiting on Topps to fulfill that Allen and Ginter Red auto so we can go through with our proposed trade. And yeah, perhaps one day I will have a display as nice as the great and powerful magicpapa, haha.

magicpapa - I bought the 2009 buyback. It is one of the blue autos and comes with the matching COA, and the hologram number falls in sequence with the others. A hundred or so pages ago on this forum, there was a thorough description regarding these, as well as how to easily spot a fake. So, I'm thankful for that, and it made me feel comfortable with my purchase. I also think I got a pretty good deal on it, and from the pics, it looks like it might be at least mint, possibly gem mint. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

I'll work on getting some more pics up on photobucket.

Last edited:

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
How's a guy supposed to get a hand on an ovation auto when they are all in pc?...haha...jk

Anyway got a magnetic for that '09 career sigs auto that I got on eBay about 2 weeks ago...scan/pic coming asap

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
Still don't know why this was priced so low...probably poor pic on eBay...gave a thorough run down...no quality issues

I feel like I rescued it...it was in a smudged up scuffed & scratched top loader and now it's in a brand new one touch in a Graded card sleeve

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
And another Griffey card ruined..ugh.

And i'll let Bedot say what he paid,But its a few pages back..Absolutely stolen.

Latest posts