Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 4, 2008
Congrats on the Centurion Rainbow! Curious if you are aware: Are there believed to be any counterfeit regular Centurion cards or is it only the Refractors? I picked up a remarkable lot of regular Centurions a couple years back. Probably about 250 cards in total, several complete sets and on average 12-15 cards of each player. It was via a thrift shop based out on NJ, on ebay. The serials on back look clean as best I can tell and I have never come across a duplicate serial #/500 on ebay or elsewhere. Was just surprised to get them so cheap and only after buying them while doing market research did I read about the backdoor issue. Thanks!

A rainbow that took 18 years to compile. Sorry for the bad pics since I do not have a scanner. It is the 1998 finest centurion /500, the /500 but missing serial number, refractor /75 but missing serial number, the counterfeit /0xx refractor, and the pack issued /75 refractor. Counterfeit as in someone besides topps added the serial number. From my research it was most likely someone who worked for the printer and backdoored it.
View attachment 60608View attachment 60609

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bmx807

Aug 7, 2008
Congrats on the Centurion Rainbow! Curious if you are aware: Are there believed to be any counterfeit regular Centurion cards or is it only the Refractors? I picked up a remarkable lot of regular Centurions a couple years back. Probably about 250 cards in total, several complete sets and on average 12-15 cards of each player. It was via a thrift shop based out on NJ, on ebay. The serials on back look clean as best I can tell and I have never come across a duplicate serial #/500 on ebay or elsewhere. Was just surprised to get them so cheap and only after buying them while doing market research did I read about the backdoor issue. Thanks!

I haven't seen any duplicate regulars either but I only look for alex rodriguez. Mine is 91/500. But a lot of 250 seems a little sketchy since these cards were not very easily pulled. For the Refractors the only real way to tell a backdoored from a pack pulled is the 0, foil is the same and numbers are same sized. I got the missing serial number cards from a seller in Arizona who said they bought them off someone who worked for the printer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
full.jpg

Maybe not Super Sweet, but for $5 on a random search of Beckett.com marketplace, I felt it warranted a purchase. As a big collector of hard to find promos, I feel very few are as tough to find as the 1990 Sportflics!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
full.jpg

Maybe not Super Sweet, but for $5 on a random search of Beckett.com marketplace, I felt it warranted a purchase. As a big collector of hard to find promos, I feel very few are as tough to find as the 1990 Sportflics!

Very nice Nolan! How many do you have now?

Ryan

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Got a COMC shipment in recently that had been piling up for a while. Nothing too crazy, but some cards I was happy to pick up:

Legacy /100:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458078953.035472.jpg

Platinum /98:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079022.824712.jpg

97 Ultra Platinum:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079089.736410.jpg

Diamond Edition (I don't believe the odds on these are too bad but they sure don't show up as often as I thought they would):
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079178.044205.jpg

Always been a sucker for Artists Proofs:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079226.234827.jpg

And a few others I didn't have:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079284.458314.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079302.605556.jpg

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
"Nothing too crazy" on the Belles. What are you talking about? Those are awesome cards. Congrats on the pick ups.

Thank you! I think I've just gotten spoiled lately thanks to some awesome board members helping me land some of my most wanted cards.

Members online

Latest posts