Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Team Leaders (S1)
odds
1:20

The "regular" Team Leaders were 1:20. These were from the early print runs, before Fleer cut off the extra protruding bits and left the set full of awkward, flat earless faces:

edcad46d-a053-412f-912e-4ad1d1237f80.jpg

The seller seems to have caught on quick; he listed a Gwynn w/tabs that he has for $9.99 (the ones I got were less than $1).

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
The "regular" Team Leaders were 1:20. These were from the early print runs, before Fleer cut off the extra protruding bits and left the set full of awkward, flat earless faces:

edcad46d-a053-412f-912e-4ad1d1237f80.jpg

The seller seems to have caught on quick; he listed a Gwynn w/tabs that he has for $9.99 (the ones I got were less than $1).

The last time it came up, I don't think the seller had much luck selling them...around $1 may actually be the going rate. Yes, they may be "rare", but hardly valuable. I picked up my Gwynn for around $1, too. Ripken may get $20 once, but less and less each time one comes up for auction. Maybe if [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] could hype these up and say they "walked into his shop today" people will clamor for them!! At least FCB members will! :)

jcgentile87

Dec 31, 2012
Baltimore MD
Found a huge box of inserts today from the 90's and early 2000's. I know nothing about inserts but I doubt I have anything special.

one card that caught my eye was a 1997 pinnacle passport to the majors Larry walker with sample printed on the inside. Anyone know anything about these?

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
The last time it came up, I don't think the seller had much luck selling them...around $1 may actually be the going rate. Yes, they may be "rare", but hardly valuable. I picked up my Gwynn for around $1, too. Ripken may get $20 once, but less and less each time one comes up for auction. Maybe if @cgilmo could hype these up and say they "walked into his shop today" people will clamor for them!! At least FCB members will! :)
I had 4 sets of these with the tab intact. Still have a couple left. I sold a complete set for $300 on ebay. Also sold several individually. Got around $80 for Ripken, $60 for Thomas, Bonds for $40, and a few of the mid level guys for about $15-$25 apiece. Surprisingly the Griffey got no action at all. I actually picked up another Griffey recently for $3.00. Sometimes they sell well and sometimes they just sit unsold for a while.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
My first "Super Sweet '90's Insert":

1997 SPx Grand Finale #SPX14 A.jpg

And I'm officially collecting Mo Vaughn now, so if anyone has anything good, I pretty much need it all (except for the Grand Finale now!)

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
Hey George, I'll make you a deal you CAN'T refuse... My Dean Palmer Platinum Gold for your Thome... or, I pm you my address and you can just send it to me. Balls in your court pal

Members online

Latest posts