Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Last Year's Bowman Draft Kris Bryant Autos Found in Bowman Inception (EDIT-And Bowman Platinum)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
You may remember there was a small controversy a while before last year's Bowman Draft released, as Bryant himself tweeted a pic of a 2013 Bowman Draft Autograph Superfractor (minus the auto). Shortly thereafter, Topps informed everyone that his first autos would actually be included in 2014 Bowman, featuring a 2014 design.

Fast forward to today - Topps decided to insert these Draft Autos into 2014 Bowman Inception.

Here's a link to a thread where someone who pulled one.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...-bryant-autograph-does-exist.html#post7512735

And here's a pic.

Bryant7.jpg

Last edited:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
This could be a nice little controversy. :shock:

I believe the people who have a right to be pissed off is an incredible sequence:

1. 2013 Bowman Draft breakers got screwed last because there was proof the card existed before the checklist was released. I recall it affecting presales

2. Prospectors and Cubs fans got screwed because they bought the 2014 version thinking it was limited to 4-500 without refractor parallels. Plus they thought it was his first auto card. Neither of those are true, because

3. Lucky Redemption owners got screwed. Topps took the easy way out when they received their Bryant refractors, and made the lucky redemptions for Bryant. Anyone who bought hoping for a Polanco or Tanaka were screwed from the get go. So were LR holders who sold too early.

4. The guys who bought LR redemptions after it was announced got screwed, because its now not the first Bryant refractor

5. Everyone who bought 2014 parallel autos got screwed, cause who knows what the hell will show up once more Inception is busted

6. Set collectors like myself are screwed, because now our 2013 Draft sets are incomplete. And I'm sure the "new" one will be $500+

7. Everyone who bought 2013 Sterling Bryant's thinking this is his only '13 card. Myself included.

**** Topps

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Topps....you make this so so easy

Attachments

• 1403830089883.jpg
    1403830089883.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 1403830100066.jpg
    1403830100066.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 241
  • 1403830108043.jpg
    1403830108043.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 241
BBC we all know you hate topps...(but you still continue to stock your shelf with their product)

but this only adds value to their upcoming products.....

and to those who will cry that this card will cause their 2014 bowman's to drop - no one held a gun to your head and told you to pay large sums of money for a prospect who as of today not played a single game in the major leagues

Thanks Topps !!
for an unexpected added value to your Inception product & hopefully in your other upcoming products too

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
And mahoody, this is a thread about the card not my store. Keep it (for once) on track

This is truly truly yet another example of how no one at topps has a lick of hobby knowledge.

"ADDED VALUE!!!!!" topps will proclaim neglecting to realize that they have rendered the 2014 as a second year card pissing off hundreds of customers who spent REAL money on them.

If hobby history holds true, the 2014 should plummet in value. How will that make topps' customers feel towards them?

Oh how I wish I could embed music into topps threads. Benny Hill theme 24/7 in them!

Last edited:

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
This is truly truly yet another example of how no one at topps has a lick of hobby knowledge.

"ADDED VALUE!!!!!" topps will proclaim neglecting to realize that they have rendered the 2014 as a second year card pissing off hundreds of customers who spent REAL money on them.

I think you confuse a lack of hobby knowledge with a lack of care about secondary value. Topps simply doesn't think about what will piss consumers off about products already released. They want people to talk about Inception and wonder about what may be seeded in upcoming products. It will piss some people off, but I GUARANTEE you that this was discussed at Topps HQ when this decision was made. The problem is that Topps knows how short of a memory the hobby has. It seems that pissing wax busters off doesn't stop them from busting wax.

Does a crack dealer worry about pissing of the baseheads? Nope. Pump out the product and they will buy it.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I think you confuse a lack of hobby knowledge with a lack of care about secondary value. Topps simply doesn't think about what will piss consumers off about products already released. They want people to talk about Inception and wonder about what may be seeded in upcoming products. It will piss some people off, but I GUARANTEE you that this was discussed at Topps HQ when this decision was made. The problem is that Topps knows how short of a memory the hobby has. It seems that pissing wax busters off doesn't stop them from busting wax.

Does a crack dealer worry about pissing of the baseheads? Nope. Pump out the product and they will buy it.

^^^^^former topps employee

hitting the nail squarely on the head.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
BBC we all know you hate topps...(but you still continue to stock your shelf with their product)

but this only adds value to their upcoming products.....

and to those who will cry that this card will cause their 2014 bowman's to drop - no one held a gun to your head and told you to pay large sums of money for a prospect who as of today not played a single game in the major leagues

Thanks Topps !!
for an unexpected added value to your Inception product & hopefully in your other upcoming products too

You are an idiot

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So is it safe to say that the colored refractors will be spiked into platinum sterling draft and chrome? :confused:

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online