Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manny Machado Signs With.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
BREAKING: Free agent star Manny Machado has agreed to a deal with the San Diego Padres, league sources tell ESPN.

Let the dominoes fall. Your move, Bryce.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Padres have a lot of high end prospects that are close to being ready. They could have a pretty good, young team in the next couple of years. I'm wondering if that factored into Manny's decision at all, or if he really was just chasing the almighty dollar with that 10 year/$30 million deal.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Padres have a lot of high end prospects that are close to being ready. They could have a pretty good, young team in the next couple of years. I'm wondering if that factored into Manny's decision at all, or if he really was just chasing the almighty dollar with that 10 year/$30 million deal.

San Diego is a nice place to live too.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.

It's all about the $$$ for Manny. He had better options on the table. San Diego has a losing record since 2010. Yes, prospects are nice, but not all of them pan out. At least the Phillies made major improvements in order to content. One report had the Braves offering him 3/90. Hope it works out for him, but I think San Diego is biting off more than they can chew.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
It's all about the $$$ for Manny. He had better options on the table. San Diego has a losing record since 2010. Yes, prospects are nice, but not all of them pan out. At least the Phillies made major improvements in order to content. One report had the Braves offering him 3/90. Hope it works out for him, but I think San Diego is biting off more than they can chew.

Wow, 3/90 to take Atlanta to the next level is a pretty great deal, a shot to win right now. I mean, who knows what happened with a career after that, but 90M is 90M, money anyone could live off of forever. But 90M ain't 300M.

And Philly and Chicago ain't San Diego. If I were young, latino, and mad rich, I think SD is at the top of my list for places to live.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
These mega long-term deals for teams like San Diego and Miami are ridiculous because they're realy not long-term deals.

San diego will trade Machado within 3-4 years jusr like Miami traded Stanton after they lose year after year.
Machado knows he's not staying with the Padres for 10 years, so why not take the guaranteed money now and wind up with a winning team like the Red Sox later.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
So, if you're SD why spend so much on one guy. Why not get 2 or maybe even 3 stars?

At least it gives their fans something to get excited at...

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
wjbj93d.jpg

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Infield of Machado, Tatis Jr., Urias and Hosmer. You've got my attention.

Padres ........... go get some pitching.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Padres have a chance to be really good pretty soon as it’s not like the Yankees or Red Sox we’re making offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
Manny Machado's deal with the San Diego Padres, which is expected to be announced officially on Thursday or Friday, includes a limited no-trade clause, league sources tell ESPN.

Members online