Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Advice on Wil Myers Buy, Sell, or Hold

With Wil Myers Going to Tampa BUY SELL OR HOLD?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
With Myers going to Tampa what are fellow prospectors thoughts on his cards.
I don't have a huge stash of him by any means but was wondering what others where planning on doing.
I think the trade to Tampa is much better for his career as Tampa has proven to field a more competitive team
than the Royals over the years. KC traded him because he has trouble hitting sliders and breaking balls and must
not have been as high on him as many thought. Then again they are also idiots and Tampa has proven time and again they
can scout talented players.

I was hoping he would stay in KC as they have a dedicated collecting fan base compared to Tampa.

Here is what I have 2 BC Base PSA 9 Autos and a small lot of base cards which tend to sell well during call ups.
I had planned to hold him until he was called up then sell one of my psa copies and the base cards.

Is it worth selling now or waiting on him to either be called up start the season in the Tampa lineup?

Last edited:

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Should have held :-(
My PSA 9 only sold for $65.
Did a 1 day auction starting bid at $65 and had a couple of watchers but only one bid. I hate when I sell a card and it sells for less than I wanted or others are selling for. Really chaps my hide.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I've never had good experiences with one day auctions as a seller. Love them as a buyer. A lot of people rely on the daily ebay notifications to alert them of new listings. Those emails go out at different times for different people, and they may not always check them as soon as they receive them. A one day listing simply isn't enough time to get exposure to all potential bidders. Anyone that tells you to list your stuff for a one-day auction are probably hoping you'll start it low so they can snipe it cheap.

BIN/BO is the way to go, except for super-hi end cards (7-day auction for those).

As for Myers, I've only got one Chrome auto left, but I'm holding until ST.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Shoot you guys still have Myers?? I sold out a 40-autograph stash of him 2 years ago--and nearly doubled my initial investment :cool:

This is what's so great about prospecting, there are so many opportunities to flip for profit that multiple people can see a huge return on the exact same cards.

Myers13RefAutos.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm thinking of selling exactly half of what I have and holding the rest. I could move 4 base autos, a 9.5 and a BGS 9, and still have more than that to sell at call-up. Plus, I always stashed his base and insert stuff away, as dude can plain hit, and he seems like the kind of guy that will make a splash.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Should have held :-(
My PSA 9 only sold for $65.
Did a 1 day auction starting bid at $65 and had a couple of watchers but only one bid. I hate when I sell a card and it sells for less than I wanted or others are selling for. Really chaps my hide.

Really only have yourself to blame on this one. Myers was selling solidly even before the trade.

I tripled my money which is always fun...

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Shoot you guys still have Myers?? I sold out a 40-autograph stash of him 2 years ago--and nearly doubled my initial investment :cool:

This is what's so great about prospecting, there are so many opportunities to flip for profit that multiple people can see a huge return on the exact same cards.

Myers13RefAutos.jpg

To this day I regret trading you the Myers orange auto for the orange auto of Grichuk... lol

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
To this day I regret trading you the Myers orange auto for the orange auto of Grichuk... lol

Crazy how things work out, I was actually very close to turning that down. At the time I think the Grichuk was actually worth a little more than the Myers. And now it's something like 10-1 in Myers' favor lol. Easy to say now that I wish I had held that one longer too, but it's all part of the game!

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Crazy how things work out, I was actually very close to turning that down. At the time I think the Grichuk was actually worth a little more than the Myers. And now it's something like 10-1 in Myers' favor lol. Easy to say now that I wish I had held that one longer too, but it's all part of the game!

Very true!

Members online

Latest posts