Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ryan Braun linked to PED Clinic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
This is shocking. Just wait Brewers fans will defend him.

A few, and probably one really loud one, but this statement is nowhere near a true generalization. I don't personally know any fellow fans who think he hasn't used. The debate around here is all about do you care or not. Of course most probably won't unless it leads to a suspension. Especially after spending a little beer money at the park

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
So what? Does this change anyone's perceptions? There is no way in hell anyone who thinks he used or doesn't like him will ever change their mind. Brewers fans will still have the best player in the MLB batting 3rd. So I ask again: so what?

It can't be proven that he failed a test AND hasn't failed another (he did have another MVP-caliber season though). He can't be suspended for circumstantial hand-written "evidence" found in a desk somewhere. So: so what?

All this stuff will do is give people who want to rip on Braun and Milwaukee more "vindication"; which is something they've never needed in order to rip on him in the first place.

So what...

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
So what? Does this change anyone's perceptions? There is no way in hell anyone who thinks he used or doesn't like him will ever change their mind. Brewers fans will still have the best player in the MLB batting 3rd. So I ask again: so what?

It can't be proven that he failed a test AND hasn't failed another (he did have another MVP-caliber season though). He can't be suspended for circumstantial hand-written "evidence" found in a desk somewhere. So: so what?

All this stuff will do is give people who want to rip on Braun and Milwaukee more "vindication"; which is something they've never needed in order to rip on him in the first place.

So what...

You care... you do. It hurts a little.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
You care... you do. It hurts a little.

No. I made up my mind that he probably took something he shouldn't have. I honestly don't think he was trying to cheat; I think he took something and didn't vett it.

But this new "revelation" doesn't change anything. So I really don't care, and it doesn't hurt me.

You want it to hurt, so you can keep bumping this thread; schadenfreude is all you have invested in this issue. It's kinda sad... :(

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
MLB wants Braun and they will get him one way or another, since he skirted around them the first time. If he would have just done his suspension I bet it would be over now they are out for blood. MLB will wait until the brewers are winning their division and pull the rug out from them.

So you think it's a conspiracy?

Good god no. There is clearly merit to Braun using something or having extraordinary circumstances. I just don't think that scribbled notes on notebook paper are a nail in the coffin. I write names and phone numbers all day long and if I get caught selling drugs it doesn't mean everyone I write down is using drugs. Show me money transfers and give me couriers names and dates and a detailed list of drugs. Some actual evidence tying braun to this place.

Sent from my motorolla startac.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
MLB wants Braun and they will get him one way or another, since he skirted around them the first time. If he would have just done his suspension I bet it would be over now they are out for blood. MLB will wait until the brewers are winning their division and pull the rug out from them.

Unless he fails another test, I can't see what MLB can do.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
if he did it there is evidence of it, it will take time and maybe money but they will get it done. Look at how long it took to finally get evidence on Arod, people knew about it since he played for Texas

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
if he did it there is evidence of it, it will take time and maybe money but they will get it done. Look at how long it took to finally get evidence on Arod, people knew about it since he played for Texas

Unless I'm missing something, Braun will have to be criminally charged in connection with something (again, assuming he doesn't fail a direct test). There is scant evidence that a DA could use at this point. MLB can have their own "proof" all they want, but there is no punishment they can hand out.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin

Well if that's what they are waiting for then Braun will be safe for a while.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Hive....still a fan?

Yeah. He's not my "guy", but why would I want anything to happen to the second best player in Brewer history? Why would I want anything to my team's chances of winning?

If he get suspended, I'll be disappointed; but I'm not in the holier-than-thou club in thinking that sports will ever be clean again.

I'll admit this little bit of hypocracy on my part: I hope Braun escapes suspension yet again. Why? Because MLB and ESPN were unprofessional in the way they trashed Braun before the process was completed, that I hope they get egg on their faces again. Braun will always be either guilty or guilty until proven innocent, regardless of any outcome. That's wrong and few people seem to care.

Members online