Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Congrats on finishing the 1950 Cub set. How far back are you planning on going in your quest for Cubs?
DANNY

I am not sure honestly. I am currently focusing on working on the early Bowman sets. I am also working on Topps sets as well. I have Topps done from 1971 to 2012. BTW this is just regular Topps. I do need a couple Topps from 2002-2004. I made a post in the set building section. I have been working backwards on the Topps sets but I have picked up a few 50's cards when I run across them.

I have been working on lists for Topps other issues as well as other companies from the 50's until now. I also like some of the pre war stuff and may go after some of that over time such as Diamond Stars, T205, T206, etc. I really like the older vintage stuff but I also get some of the newer team sets including some of the junk wax era stuff. Its easy to pick up a lot of the junk wax era stuff for a few dollars per team set. Plus the 80's and 90's stuff was cards I had as a kid so its fun to find them again.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I like the Diamond Stars and the T207's, especially. Keep posting!

Today brought several 1961 Fleer football cards for my set, with this Don Meredith rc being the highest dollar card that arrived today.
DANNY

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I like the Diamond Stars and the T207's, especially. Keep posting!

Today brought several 1961 Fleer football cards for my set, with this Don Meredith rc being the highest dollar card that arrived today.
DANNY

Nice Meredith card dano7. Didn't he do some commercials back in the 80's?

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Nice Meredith card dano7. Didn't he do some commercials back in the 80's?
Don (Dandy Don) was a commentator for Monday Night Football, with Howard Cosell. He also did some acting and other TV announcing after his football career.
DANNY

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Don (Dandy Don) was a commentator for Monday Night Football, with Howard Cosell. He also did some acting and other TV announcing after his football career.
DANNY

I remember him being on TV some when I was young. I am only 37 so I didn't get to see him play.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Good to see this thread starting to get some action once again!
Both of these 1951 Topps Magic arrived yesterday, for the set I'm working on.
DANNY

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Here's one I haven't shown off in a long time. Got it in Person at a Peoria Chiefs game.

4e8da8de.jpg

Members online

Latest posts