Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This card might spark something new

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
1 auto and 15 inscriptions would be better IMO, that is what I would want if it was a Dawson card

Now THIS would be one of the coolest cards ever made. Does MJ have 15 nicknames? I could find 13...

Air Jordan
Money
His Airness
Your Royal Airness
Black Cat
Ready for Takeoff
Le Wilde Bulle
Sir Altitude
MJ
Flight 23
Flight Jordan
The GOAT
Legend

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
This card is right up the alley of [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION]

They can just pull one card and cut it up and put it in their own product and hopefully make bank on it.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
They should perforate the card like 80-81 Topps so it could be broken apart, then recollected. Whoever collects all 16 pieces gets to actually become Michael Jordan.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So the LeBron 16 auto card is listed now.
If this ends crazy high, what will the Jordan do?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
This doesn't really make sense to me. 16 individual auto cards would be far more valuable and more appealing. Not sure why someone would pay that much more for it than a single auto, but I guess we'll see.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

What's funny, is unlike other players, Lebron actually has changed his auto over the years. I remember when he left Cleveland he made a point to change it and incorporate his jersey number or something like this.

IMO that would of been sweet, if you saw a progression along the years in his auto... Clearly this isn't the case and is kind of a sticker dump if you ask me.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
The only way I'd want to own either one of those was if I pulled them.
I'd have them on ebay so fast, they'd be listed before the flash from the camera went away.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
There is no doubt that this card is exceedingly valuable and every serious Jordan collector would want it, but I agree that the idea is completely ridiculous. In the end, it's worth the value of 16 signatures and the card could end up being pieced out. Who knows. I doubt anyone would have predicted the destroying of historic jerseys and bats a few years before the GU fad took off, so it stands to reason that a card like this in the "right (or wrong depending on your opinion)" hands could become a donor card for more cards later.

I'd rather see 16 autos split up on different cards or make the 16 autos different from each other in some way (although that is still way overkill). It's a marketing ploy to drive sales of what I can only assume was an overpriced product to begin with.

Someone hit the lottery though.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There is no doubt that this card is exceedingly valuable and every serious Jordan collector would want it, but I agree that the idea is completely ridiculous. In the end, it's worth the value of 16 signatures and the card could end up being pieced out. Who knows. I doubt anyone would have predicted the destroying of historic jerseys and bats a few years before the GU fad took off, so it stands to reason that a card like this in the "right (or wrong depending on your opinion)" hands could become a donor card for more cards later.

I'd rather see 16 autos split up on different cards or make the 16 autos different from each other in some way (although that is still way overkill). It's a marketing ploy to drive sales of what I can only assume was an overpriced product to begin with.

Someone hit the lottery though.

I, too, would of rather seen 16 different people end up with an auto of Jordan.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The more I've thought about it , I feel this is one of the worst ideas I've ever seen tried on a card. Unless , as has been stated , there were different inscriptions , this is just plain silly. I fail to see the appeal to the concept

Ryan

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
But let's say the LeBron sells for something completely insane, like 15k.

How many cards, non rookies or cuts, sell for that?

That'll make headlines, or should at least and will grab people's attention ESPECIALLY if the non hobby media catches on.

But if this LeBron sells for around what it's at now, then there's no reason to try it again.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
But let's say the LeBron sells for something completely insane, like 15k.

How many cards, non rookies or cuts, sell for that?

That'll make headlines, or should at least and will grab people's attention ESPECIALLY if the non hobby media catches on.

But if this LeBron sells for around what it's at now, then there's no reason to try it again.

The non hobby media would not run with this regardless of what it ends at. It'll be a lil interesting to see the end price and how many are "legit" bids but I just don't see the way this was constructed as something that catches on

Ryan

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
No way does this card ever get "pieced out". It's an incredibly unique 1/1 that is worth more as a whole as compared to 16 cut auto cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts