Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Jeff Bagwell Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
And when I have some time, I will get some good scans of all my prototypes and see if there truly is a difference.

1992 Holoprism Jeff Bagwell Holograms Prototypes #R/1 - Jeff Bagwell
Courtesy of COMC.com

1992 Holoprism Jeff Bagwell Holograms Prototypes #R /2 - Jeff Bagwell
Courtesy of COMC.com

Pulled this off COMC, The R1 has a very smooth, consistent color and fill in the "prototype" text, The R2 has a much more dot matrix , grainy appearance in the "prototype" text.

Also never realized before, but looking at the backs up close, all the logos are airbrushed

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Getting outbid left and right... Makes me wanna consider giving up, seeing how I can't compete with the money being thrown at Bagwell cards these days. Lots of different bidders too.

Anyone wanna buy a Bagwell collection for $10,000? May as well pay for my kids school by selling my collection.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Getting outbid left and right... Makes me wanna consider giving up, seeing how I can't compete with the money being thrown at Bagwell cards these days. Lots of different bidders too.

Anyone wanna buy a Bagwell collection for $10,000? May as well pay for my kids school by selling my collection.

You talking about the 4 player checklist?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

Yeah it gets frustrating when you just can't compete because of the $. Been there. My suggestion is take a deep breath and realize there is nothing about time to fill in the blanks and just plug away as you can.

Ryan

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
You talking about the 4 player checklist?

which one? I understand the dillema with the four player checklists. You go from competing against one player collectors, to four player collectors, and then add the set builders... Those cards are nuts.

but actually, not that card specifically.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
which one? I understand the dillema with the four player checklists. You go from competing against one player collectors, to four player collectors, and then add the set builders... Those cards are nuts.

but actually, not that card specifically.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nate, just relax. None of us bid on the checklist. That thing was nuts. You can't win them all. Even the other card went for higher than I expected(hence why I lost).

Something tells me no matter who you collect, if they're popular, there will always be people with money to spend.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey Dan, the 97 Fleer Team Leaders card you won, did you get the actual one pictured, or did you wind up with the common trimmed version?

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Some new pickups to share:

97 Team Leaders with extra tabs

So yes Nate, you beat me to the punch but definitely got the correct one. Otherwise I would have sent that thing back immediately it arrived

00 Topps Tek Gold /10

04 Donruss Elite Career Best Combo /50
Completes my run of the 04 Donruss Elite Career Best

04 Donruss Classics Significant Signatures Red /25

04 Donruss Classics Significant Signatures Green 5/5

04 Leaf Certified Cuts Mirror Emerald Patch Auto /5

14 Topps Hi Tek Black Proof 1/1

15 Topps Archives Signature 2001 A tradition Continues 1/1

Thanks for Looking
Dan

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Yeah, he gave me a second chance offer, which i took. And I got the trimmed one.

Bummer. Hope you got your money back.

I don't think the guy knew what he was selling. I looked at his other listings and he had a mixture of the ones with the tabs and the ones without, and no differentiation in his listings. He also had inserts listed as gold and silver that had no parallels, that was just the color of the foil used.

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I did get my money back, after about 4 days. I had to point out that his listing had a picture that was untrimmed,and I had to send him a scan of the trimmed one. He didnt know there was a difference apparently, even though he had an untrimmed in hand that went to you.

Members online

Latest posts