Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So what's the rule(s) on people claiming more than one card? I don't personally have any interest in claiming the current card, but if something else comes up that I'm interested in (and my dumb ass finds my cards) are we allowed to claim another card provided we again put up a new card for someone else? Or is it just you claim one and you're excluded from participating again in the thread?

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm confused why you can't find your cards. How many places could you possibly have put them?

Because I just moved two weeks ago and we still have several boxes that are unpacked here and at my parent's where we are storing some stuff. So they're packed away in one of the boxes, which one, I'm not sure.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I think we can keep the thread going for a year or even longer. My vote would be to give another member who hasn't claimed a card first dibs but if nobody seems to be claiming it go for it. Or maybe even state that you already claimed a card but have interest in the current card if there are no other takers.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Are there any rules as far as value? I mean this thread went from an Aaron cut to Doerr auto, Soler auto(which didn't get shipped), 2 nice Cubs autos, Josh Bell chrome auto and a nice Giles and Chavez autos to GU that is probably worth 5$ and now a lot of cards that belongs in the "Free to a good home" thread instead.

Again it's nice that these cards are being given away but I was hoping that this thread would have some nicer stuff in it and the lesser stuff would go to the other free to a good home one

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Are there any rules as far as value? I mean this thread went from an Aaron cut to Doerr auto, Soler auto(which didn't get shipped), 2 nice Cubs autos, Josh Bell chrome auto and a nice Giles and Chavez autos to GU that is probably worth 5$ and now a lot of cards that belongs in the "Free to a good home" thread instead.

Again it's nice that these cards are being given away but I was hoping that this thread would have some nicer stuff in it and the lesser stuff would go to the other free to a good home one

I agree. You shouldn't claim a card unless you can post a card around equal value. I think that's a fair way to do things and to keep the thread going instead of it getting cold with less desirable cards. The problem with bringing things up like this is that the cry babies are going to come out and say it's all in good fun which it is but let's be realistic about the cards were putting up for grabs after claiming one.

I also actually paid for the Giles to go along with the free Chavez.

I think the free to a good home cards should be in a different thread.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008

I agree, I thought taking the Rolen; which I really like, and replacing it with the Cabrera would help us get back up a little bit, but it doesn't seem to have done anything. Not every card put up is going to be worth more than the one it replaces, but we should all try to keep it close. Maybe if one of us doesn't think what's up at the moment is unacceptable we can throw up another option; just to keep things going. Tell the person to keep their cards or coupons and that you'll put something out there for them.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
31701767.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
There has been one, maybe two trades that actually "paid it forward."

It's not my thread, but if this is how we in this community "pay it forward" I can't fathom that 1986 Topps common PSA 7s are far behind.

Joel had a great idea to build camaraderie and community...it's a shame.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I see where all of the negativity is coming from, but what if these cards are genuinely going into PCs? Also, if you have cards of such high value posted, there are some people who don't have cards with those high values to put up so it may potentially drive some people away. I'm not participating because I don't have much with value nor have I seen a card for my PC posted. Not everybody has $50+ cards laying around. Its all in good spirits so why worry about the value?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts