Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

############## Monday Morning Thread ######## 9/29

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I saw it coming eventually, but I wasn't quite ready for it be today. He's been given less than stellar rosters the last few years and injuries have taken a toll on many players the last few years. I hope a team picks him up this offseason. The entire coaching staff was axed as well and will be left to the new manager to decide. I've read a few other places that some rumors were that Terry Ryan wanted to fire Rick Anderson, but Gardy was against it

I agree. I think he was a great coach, but he was dealt a bad hand by the owners and front office.

I certainly wish him the best of luck and personally, I'd rather focus on his accomplishments (i.e. 2002 Twins) rather than the shortfalls he's dealt with the past 4 years.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Afternoon, everyone!

fordman, that sounds like a royal clusterf***!

Kind of bummed about there being no baseball tonight but you can be sure I'll be wearing one of my Dunn jerseys tomorrow night as he plays in his first career post season game. Win or lose, I hope he at least gets a hit.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
[MENTION=2212]Brewer Andy[/MENTION]

:lol: I just noticed we were discussing in yesterday's thread.

TK was around since 1986, he resigned in 2001, and Gardy took over. They both had similar careers oddly enough. Did really well early on and sort of fizzled out at the end.

EDIT: Just did some MATH :eek: and I figured out that the two of them combined account for 52.8% of the position, while 9 other guys account for the rest. Pretty crazy.

Last edited:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
In lighter news, the greatest thing ever invented is celebrating it's 18th Birthday today, the Nintendo 64!

I personally own 3 of them. Someday I hope to own the entire run of games, NTSC and PAL, as well as all the different variations of consoles.

Loves me some 64.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good morning gents! Hell of a Monday for me... almost got hit today by another card... not a good way to start the day/week...

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
In lighter news, the greatest thing ever invented is celebrating it's 18th Birthday today, the Nintendo 64!

I personally own 3 of them. Someday I hope to own the entire run of games, NTSC and PAL, as well as all the different variations of consoles.

Loves me some 64.

18 years! I'm getting old. That was the first system I owned that was "new". My NES and SNES were bought years after they were released when the prices were nice and low at local garage sales. Now that I think about it, the N64 was the last gaming system I ever owned.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good day MT. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

If anyone needs any of these 1989 and 1990 Holsum discs, let me know. I had to buy the two sets to get 1 Grace card I wanted, and just want to get rid of the others cheap. I made a thread for them in the Transactions forum.

$_57.JPG

$T2eC16F,!)8E9s4l59fRBRQRQT5YkQ~~60_57.JPG

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
18 years! I'm getting old. That was the first system I owned that was "new". My NES and SNES were bought years after they were released when the prices were nice and low at local garage sales. Now that I think about it, the N64 was the last gaming system I ever owned.

It was my first ever console. Got it in 1999, and I absolutely love it.

Certainly not a perfect machine, even for it's time, but it's my all-time favorite.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Afternoon. Not sure what's going on lately but there's a ton being listed I've been after. My paypal reserves are spent and just hit up 2 more cards today for the largest purchase in a while...

Attachments

• 1412033062136.jpg
    1412033062136.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 1412033150891.jpg
    1412033150891.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 12

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Count me as an expresso screw up. Had no clue. The "could care less" one has long been a pet peeve of mine though!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well its raining again here. It rained all morning, right up until about noon, and then it was just gloomy in the afternoon, with a few sprinkles here and there. It started raining fairly well about 40 minutes ago and it hasn't let up yet. I believe it is supposed to rain more tomorrow as well

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Well its raining again here. It rained all morning, right up until about noon, and then it was just gloomy in the afternoon, with a few sprinkles here and there. It started raining fairly well about 40 minutes ago and it hasn't let up yet. I believe it is supposed to rain more tomorrow as well

It's down poured here off and on all day here. We've Had over 6 inches of rain since Saturday

Members online

Latest posts