Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game collectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Stopped up at the record store today. I typically don't go more than once every couple of months, because they never have anything worthwhile and it's always EXPENSIVE (like, $8 SM/DH expensive).

Found these PS1 longboxes in the bargin bin for an average of $3.33 each. They are sports titles, but I won't complain. I left one there because the case was cracked, may try and trade for it later.

College Slam (Sega Saturn style case)
World Cup Golf (cardboard)
Slam 'n Jam '96 (Signature edition) (plastic case but looks like the cardboard one).

I'm hoping they clearance their two Saturn sports titles as well, I'll buy 'em.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Just one thing today.... Found a DS charger for $1.50. I'm always on the lookout for cords and chargers. Never know when a system will show up with out one. I may just end up selling this one though since I don't do a lot with DS stuff.

Also found an xBox360. It was $10, but it was the original style. I don't like those because of the external hardrives (prefer the internal), no HDMI out, and this one was more than likely RROD'd since it had no cords or hardrive. I passed on it, but it was just interesting to find.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
I always keep an eye out for loose cords as well especially 1st party chargers and power supplies. I'm certain that Xbox was rrod almost every one of that model had it happen.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I always keep an eye out for loose cords as well especially 1st party chargers and power supplies. I'm certain that Xbox was rrod almost every one of that model had it happen.

Yeah, I'm guessing it was too. I have one that is that I'm not quite sure what to do with it at the moment.

I found an original SNES with no power cord yesterday. Anyone have one??

Also found a complete Streets of Rage game.

That's pretty sweet. Is it for the Genesis? Price charting has it listed around $20. Can't beat that.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I've got a a question for you guys.

So, I found a Dreamcast at GW for $20. It was complete w/ controller and a copy of Web Browser 2.0. I passed because the case was incredibly yellowed.

Should I go back and snag it? Game isn't anything special, however I do need to upgrade my own copy so that's a bonus.

I do have a broken Dreamcast that I could harvest a case off of for the time being, but would there be anyway to take the yellowing out of the system?

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, I'm guessing it was too. I have one that is that I'm not quite sure what to do with it at the moment.

That's pretty sweet. Is it for the Genesis? Price charting has it listed around $20. Can't beat that.

Yes, for Sega. Only problem is that I don't have a Sega so I don't know if it works.

I've got a a question for you guys.

So, I found a Dreamcast at GW for $20. It was complete w/ controller and a copy of Web Browser 2.0. I passed because the case was incredibly yellowed.

Should I go back and snag it? Game isn't anything special, however I do need to upgrade my own copy so that's a bonus.

I do have a broken Dreamcast that I could harvest a case off of for the time being, but would there be anyway to take the yellowing out of the system?

I would have for $20. I believe they sell a solution to restore plastic that has yellowed. You can also make your own. i'll see if I can find links.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
The game should work. I've only come across a couple cartridge games that don't work over the years, and those occurrences might be able to be explained.

Thanks for the links. Knowing that I can restore the plastic helps, since I don't really want to take the case from my broken Dreamcast. I'll try to get there before class tomorrow to grab it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Looks like it's a communications program for PC gaming. Looks like Riot just approved it for use in LoL not too long ago either.

I guess I didn't know that Curse was a developer at all. I thought they just ran competitive teams.

Anyway, I'll take it if you aren't interested.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Anyone thinking about getting the 8 or 16 bit Christmas carts this year? Looks like they are releasing this week. This will be my first year buying one. Not sure if I'll grab the SNES one as well, depends on the cost.

The 2008s sell for insane amounts of cash.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Anyone thinking about getting the 8 or 16 bit Christmas carts this year? Looks like they are releasing this week. This will be my first year buying one. Not sure if I'll grab the SNES one as well, depends on the cost.

The 2008s sell for insane amounts of cash.

These are usually good to buy. They always seem to go up in price by the next year. They are pretty cool but the novelty can wear off after a while. I bought 2 in the past and sold them later for a decent profit.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
These are usually good to buy. They always seem to go up in price by the next year. They are pretty cool but the novelty can wear off after a while. I bought 2 in the past and sold them later for a decent profit.

This sounds really cool, but I have no idea what these are. Can you explain? Thanks! :)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

The 2008s sell for hundreds of dollars. It's really insane.

Even some of the newer ones like the 2011 and 2012 sell for over a hundred dollars.

If I can afford to do so, I'll pick up 2 or 3. One for the collection and one or two to sit on for a couple years.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I went back and got the Dreamcast. Also found a set of AV cords for the PS2 for a buck. Lots of stuff coming through the doors right now, saw a lot of GBA stuff but I didn't look through it because the place was packed as usual. I may go back this evening and take a look, maybe there is a Fire Emblem or something in there.

Anyway, the Dreamcast cost me $20. I got a complete system, first party controller, and Web Browser 2.0.

Like I mentioned earlier, the top half of the case was pretty yellowed. I'm not sure what caused it, but it is what it is. I swapped it out with my broken dreamcast until I get it cleaned up.

The controller is pretty dirty, someone really enjoyed playing this thing. No game on the inside unfortunately.

It's a shot in the dark. I had no way of testing it. I may hook it up later today and mess around with it to see if it works or not.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I went back and got the Dreamcast. Also found a set of AV cords for the PS2 for a buck. Lots of stuff coming through the doors right now, saw a lot of GBA stuff but I didn't look through it because the place was packed as usual. I may go back this evening and take a look, maybe there is a Fire Emblem or something in there.

Anyway, the Dreamcast cost me $20. I got a complete system, first party controller, and Web Browser 2.0.

Like I mentioned earlier, the top half of the case was pretty yellowed. I'm not sure what caused it, but it is what it is. I swapped it out with my broken dreamcast until I get it cleaned up.

The controller is pretty dirty, someone really enjoyed playing this thing. No game on the inside unfortunately.

It's a shot in the dark. I had no way of testing it. I may hook it up later today and mess around with it to see if it works or not.

View attachment 42165
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1414172008.783682.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
8-Bit Xmas just dropped.

I'm ordering mine right now. I'm just getting the cart, I may order a poster later but I'm trying to watch the cash flow. Might need to get a box for it too, but all that can add up really quick.

EDIT: Looks like KHan also dropped a new Leisure Suit Larry game at the same time. I guess he started making it 7 years ago. I can't get it today, but I will someday.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts