Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I know we don't necessarily post things FT/FS in here, but I figured with most Twins fans only checking out this thread now I would throw it up. So a Boys & Girls Club that my girlfriend works at got a pretty big donation of all sorts of sports cards/memorabilia, mostly Twins stuff a couple weeks ago. They took out some hats and shirts to give to the kids as prizes, but there is a ton of other stuff that they have no idea what to do with and were debating throwing it away. They already took out the stuff that they could give to the kids or that the kids would want, so while this isn't 100% set in stone yet it sounds like I will be trying to sell some of this stuff for them with the proceeds going back to the club so they can use it to fund some stuff for the kids. While there are thousands and thousands of cards, there is also a lot of oddball Twins stuff ranging anywhere from the 80s-2000s with a lot of World Series stuff. If anybody here is looking for any random oddball things like hats, posters, buttons, magazines, etc., or even harder to find cards, please let me know and I can take a look and see what they've got. I was there yesterday and looked through some of the stuff and I can tell you that this guy that donated the stuff has all kinds of stuff, including World Series Ticket Stubs. Sorry for the long read, just figured I would post this in case anybody has been searching for something or might be interested in helping out!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I know we don't necessarily post things FT/FS in here, but I figured with most Twins fans only checking out this thread now I would throw it up. So a Boys & Girls Club that my girlfriend works at got a pretty big donation of all sorts of sports cards/memorabilia, mostly Twins stuff a couple weeks ago. They took out some hats and shirts to give to the kids as prizes, but there is a ton of other stuff that they have no idea what to do with and were debating throwing it away. They already took out the stuff that they could give to the kids or that the kids would want, so while this isn't 100% set in stone yet it sounds like I will be trying to sell some of this stuff for them with the proceeds going back to the club so they can use it to fund some stuff for the kids. While there are thousands and thousands of cards, there is also a lot of oddball Twins stuff ranging anywhere from the 80s-2000s with a lot of World Series stuff. If anybody here is looking for any random oddball things like hats, posters, buttons, magazines, etc., or even harder to find cards, please let me know and I can take a look and see what they've got. I was there yesterday and looked through some of the stuff and I can tell you that this guy that donated the stuff has all kinds of stuff, including World Series Ticket Stubs. Sorry for the long read, just figured I would post this in case anybody has been searching for something or might be interested in helping out!

I buy Puckett oddball items I don't have (books, Posters, Pennats, cards, display ads, etc.) Let me if you find anything like that.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I buy Puckett oddball items I don't have (books, Posters, Pennats, cards, display ads, etc.) Let me if you find anything like that.

Definitely. I'm sure there will be some Puckett stuff in there that I haven't found yet. I don't know how fast I will get to everything or even when I will get back there again to bring some stuff home, but I will PM you when I do.

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
got my bobble back from the private signing cant wait to finish this thing!
IMG_12834239135647_zpswxl4oroa.jpeg

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Nice Devin! I finished mine at TwinsFest with Mauer and I think it looks amazing.

Is anybody here planning on going to FanFest and still need tickets? I have 3 tickets for Tuesday available. Looking to trade for 1-2 tickets for Saturday and 1-2 tickets for Sunday. Would also sell them for $16 each. PM me if anybody is interested!

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
How has Sano's prices changed? Or haven't they?

They have gone down some, but still sell pretty strong. I believe at one point his chrome autos were getting close to $90 and it looks like they are in the $50 range now. He is still the #9 prospect according to BA and that is with him missing this entire season. Got the Gold for cheaper than I have ever seen one sell so I am very happy with it!

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
My wife and I are taking the kids (5 yo girl, 3 yo twin boys) to the Fanfest on Friday. It will be interesting to see what excites them. I may cut out of work early on Monday or Tuesday to go by myself.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I am volunteering Friday, Saturday and Monday. Friday catch me at the Rookie Leagues from 9-1, and Monday at the Steal A Base 9-1. Saturday I'll be at the volunteer HQ until 1, so I won't be on the floor. Pretty lame auto line up, especially since we've seen many of the non-Twins at Twinsfest for years. Come find me if you can!

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
My big purchase at Fanfest. $50 for both the National and American League sets. Otherwise they are $30 a set. Same cards that they have the 11x14s for sale on their website. These are 5x7s. I will probably sell off the extras on eBay. These will only be sold at Fanfest. Got most of the Topps cards too. Still will get the Kershaw and McCutcheon tomorrow just to complete the set.

Attachments

• 1405123566051.jpg
    1405123566051.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 18

Members online