Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm not a sexist....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
But have u seen the commercial that asks where will u be when the first woman plays in the majors? Is there any chance any woman would ever play professional sports with men? I know a woman tried for the NBA many, many years ago but I just don't see any woman being able to play MLB or another pro level sport with men. I do not believe women are inferior, I'm not a woman hating man, I just don't think physically it's possible.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I love when phrases start "I'm not a _____, but....."

I agree, the Brittany Griner talk a couple years ago was dumb, she dominated women's basketball at 6'8" under 200 lbs. with no skills aside from being tall. I spent 7 years coaching high school girls basketball and a few D1 players came through the division (personally only coached a few JuCo players) but my experience is it would never happen at the NBA level. Although I'd bet more on a Taurasi/Maya Moore than a Griner.

But what's stopping a Knuckleball pitcher or someone that doesn't rely on speed as a pitcher? Are there women that can get up to the 90s? I claim ignorance on the subject, I don't even have a clue as to how hard I can throw.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I love when phrases start "I'm not a _____, but....."

I agree, the Brittany Griner talk a couple years ago was dumb, she dominated women's basketball at 6'8" under 200 lbs. with no skills aside from being tall. I spent 7 years coaching high school girls basketball and a few D1 players came through the division (personally only coached a few JuCo players) but my experience is it would never happen at the NBA level. Although I'd bet more on a Taurasi/Maya Moore than a Griner.

But what's stopping a Knuckleball pitcher or someone that doesn't rely on speed as a pitcher? Are there women that can get up to the 90s? I claim ignorance on the subject, I don't even have a clue as to how hard I can throw.

Hahaha I know the classic I'm not something but. I look at women's softball, the mound is far closer so I think even a knuckleballer would have quite a challenge I think.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
That'd be awesome!

But seriously other than being a kicker in football, wouldn't MLB be the easiest route for a woman to break into one of the big four sports?

NFL (non kicker) and NBA rely too much on physical attributes. Hockey (I know there have been female goalies), but the same thing. Look at Jose Altuve, or CC Sabathia, physical attributes play a much less role. It wouldn't surprise me if a woman with a good eye (high OBP), speed, and good defense couldn't be a middle infielder.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
I think if it does happen baseball would probably be the easiest route for it. A knuckleball pitcher on an AL team so they wouldn't have to hit.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I swear this is not trolling or a comment on anything at all, but by today's societal standards a person who was born genetically male and chooses to live their life as a woman, even without altering their physiology, is considered to be a woman. This is how it will happen.

As far as somebody born genetically female, I have a hard time seeing anybody but a knuckleball pitcher. I haven't ever heard of a woman hitter who was considered good enough for the low minors.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I swear this is not trolling or a comment on anything at all, but by today's societal standards a person who was born genetically male and chooses to live their life as a woman, even without altering their physiology, is considered to be a woman. This is how it will happen.

As far as somebody born genetically female, I have a hard time seeing anybody but a knuckleball pitcher. I haven't ever heard of a woman hitter who was considered good enough for the low minors.

Kate Jenner, number one pick in the draft

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Kicker in the NFL.

Does anyone remember this movie?

31_midi.jpg

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas

Renee Richards (tennis)

Members online

Latest posts