Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thomas NNOF filmed from pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Seems staged or re-enacted.
He said he bought a case and already opened tons of packs, yet he just happens to start filming at the exact point when he opens the pack with a Thomas NNOF in it, the card he says he's been searching for 20 years?

It may be a real card which he pulled, but he probably re-enacted the pull to get it on camera. The slowness in which he looks at each card seems fake too, when he has 10,000 cards to open, yet he goes at a snail's pace when it's the pack with Thomas in it?

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Seems staged or re-enacted.
He said he bought a case and already opened tons of packs, yet he just happens to start filming at the exact point when he opens the pack with a Thomas NNOF in it, the card he says he's been searching for 20 years?

It may be a real card which he pulled, but he probably re-enacted the pull to get it on camera. The slowness in which he looks at each card seems fake too, when he has 10,000 cards to open, yet he goes at a snail's pace when it's the pack with Thomas in it?

No doubt. He would no doubt not give any ****s about any base card at this point. Ooh, a Bernie Williams RC!!

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
He did say that they had been filming all night. He said he wants it to be in the best shape possible but I'm pretty sure I noticed a dinged corner. If true congrats on the pull.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Nice hit on the Frank Thomas no name on the front....but it was dinged in the top right corner of the card. Best regards, David

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Yea nice card for sure, but definitely staged. That pack was already cut open, kind of funny to see him act like he was cutting it for the first time, haha.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
His whole story is false, these jumbo packs have never yielded a confirmed NNOF or blackless error. Plus, if he found a Thomas, he should have been finding others. Beyond that, it's the most forced acting job I've ever seen; his "cutting" the pack explanation to try to cover his sleight of hand, no noise coming from the plastic as it's cut, placing the "cut" portion right it front of the camera to "prove" he had just cut it open. Then, the sheet F was in the wrong collation, the card itself had corner damage while the cards around it did not.

The rumor was started that those packs contain NNOFs when the started being sold on eBay as "test" packages, etc. They started at high prices, but have finally started to fall as they yield nothing. Heck, I have one with a Frank on top...it's the regular version.

The NNOF has only been confirmed in early run WAX packs; nothing else, though through various packouts. The whole Northeast thing may be bunk as well; that was something I started more than a decade ago because, as I was researching the card, the Northeast seemed to be the centralized point of distribution, with confirmed pulls up and down the eastern seaboard, as well as throughout the midwest. That was a major assumption though.

If you want to read the most accurate account of the cards to date, please check out this write up:

http://www.bighurthof.com/#!1990-topps-variations/c1gda

Members online

Latest posts