Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you live near Georgia and want two MILLION cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

I'd pay to look through them.

I actually saw someone on FB say, yesterday, that when someone else is selling "90s" cards that they don't even look.
I mean - I get it. 99% of those people selling "90s" cards are selling junk... but you know what else released in the 90s? A lot of good inserts. I always at least LOOK.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
What do you think they go for? Obviously we won't know, but what would be a guess? $200-500?

Ryan

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I'd pay to look through them.

I actually saw someone on FB say, yesterday, that when someone else is selling "90s" cards that they don't even look.
I mean - I get it. 99% of those people selling "90s" cards are selling junk... but you know what else released in the 90s? A lot of good inserts. I always at least LOOK.

I saw that too, pretty sure he said he was a card shop owner as well. I get that shops get a lot of junk in the door but you have to look.

A_Pharis

I saw that too, pretty sure he said he was a card shop owner as well. I get that shops get a lot of junk in the door but you have to look.

That's the one. I can understand not spending a lot of time looking, but you can get a pretty good idea of contents just by looking at the edges. Just to flat out turn it away seems pretty pointless unless your shop is so busy that you literally don't have time.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Let's say for arguments sake that a 2 million card collection was housed in common card boxes (5K boxes, for example) and those were in good, reusable condition. That is roughly 400 5K boxes. They sell for about $5 new (and empty). That makes a 2 million card collection (again, assuming they are housed in good, useful card boxes) "worth" at least $1-2K just in empty cardboard boxes! Whether or not anyone sees it that way or would be willing to spend that much just on boxes is another story, but a couple hundred bucks would seem like a no brainer even if it was all junk era wax.

On the other hand, just moving that many cards is a back breaker in the works. I remember the last time we moved, it swore moving that much crap wouldn't happen and I might have 300-400K at most.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Let's say for arguments sake that a 2 million card collection was housed in common card boxes (5K boxes, for example) and those were in good, reusable condition. That is roughly 400 5K boxes. They sell for about $5 new (and empty). That makes a 2 million card collection (again, assuming they are housed in good, useful card boxes) "worth" at least $1-2K just in empty cardboard boxes! Whether or not anyone sees it that way or would be willing to spend that much just on boxes is another story, but a couple hundred bucks would seem like a no brainer even if it was all junk era wax.

On the other hand, just moving that many cards is a back breaker in the works. I remember the last time we moved, it swore moving that much crap wouldn't happen and I might have 300-400K at most.

A lil' to add to that is that it doesn't look anywhere near that many cards. There may be more, but the pictures don't look like a million let alone 2 million.

Ryan

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I had not looked at the pictures yet but based on those shown, that collection is a fraction of what is advertised and none of the boxes look new or reusable (I hate and won't typically reuse boxes with yellowing, tape, ink writing or soft spots/damaged). I might drop a couple hundred for the entertainment and possible treasure hunt on a large boxes collection like that, but it depends on what it looked like in person.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
To quote Seymour Skinner... What a load of garbage. When one of the highlight pictures is a page of nine 1990 Donruss Dave Stewart....

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
To quote Seymour Skinner... What a load of garbage. When one of the highlight pictures is a page of nine 1990 Donruss Dave Stewart....

Hey, hey, don't be getting up in Stew's Grill, he'll take you out! With just one Glare!

And I vote for [MENTION=2026]tramers[/MENTION] to win this! And haul it all away!

Jun 30, 2010
Just got back from the sale. I was apprehensive also because of the pictures also but decided to go because it was only 20 miles from me. Anyway, it was bittersweet. From what I heard, the owner died recently. Believe it or not, he was collecting through recently (2015 Topps) and did a lot of products that he SHOULD have had some better stuff. Turkey Red, Allen and Ginter, Certified etc. There was a million plus cards that most would make good firewood. The whole house smelled like cat pee also. Bittersweet part was nothing high dollar. Great part was that I SCORED, not majorly but at least enough to flip and triple or quadruple my money. Basically I bought 11 boxes(2 row). I will be going through them and will summarize in a few hours. There is nothing really there now. I believe 4 or 5 of us got anything that resembled good. Do not go unless you want to smell like cat pee and want to take a shower. Even the boxes of garbage commons are dusty and stained. The guys who are even buying at 5.00 a box wouldn't touch these. I will not be going back.................. I need to jump in the shower now. Will fill you in later today.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
^^^ I thought you lived in GA and may be interested. Glad you were able to make it and hope you did well.

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts