Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Being Investigated by the FBI For Hacking the Astros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
This is awesome. Finally something fun happening with the Cardinals.

Revenge hacking on Jeff Luhnow.

Whatever idiot did this should be fired and prosecuted. No place for this in baseball. I can't see Mozeliak or the DeWitt's being aware of this while it was happening. Probably someone with a grudge against Luhnow and computer savvy enough to think they could pull it off.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
And if anyone is actually paying attention, the intent was to wreak havoc on a former high ranking Cardinals official, not to gain any sort of advantage or information.

But people will overlook that aspect and just call the Cardinals the Patriots.

Either way, oh well. It's no big deal to me. People are going to talk garbage, just as I would if it were any other team, so have at it, America. I look forward to reading the comments.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
St. Louis Cardinals motto:

Quotation-Jesse-Ventura-sports-Meetville-Quotes-45909.jpg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Someone high up must be involved if the information was obtained from the master password list. There is no way that they are trustly a low-level knuckle-dragger with the master password list.

My big question is did the Cardinals use the information to affect their own draft order? If so, how will the Cardinals be punished and how will the Astros be compensated for this?

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
And if anyone is actually paying attention, the intent was to wreak havoc on a former high ranking Cardinals official, not to gain any sort of advantage or information.

Either way, oh well. It's no big deal to me. People are going to talk garbage, just as I would if it were any other team, so have at it, America. I look forward to reading the comments.

How could you possibly know another person's intent?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

Yeah, I agree with this as well.Not like the Cardinals weren't disliked by many before.Is it true collective bargaining agreement prohibits loss of draft picks?Someone tweeted a picture of Bilichek at the Spygate press conference wearing a Cardinals jersey.That was funny.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
How could you possibly know another person's intent?

I may not know another persons intent, but I can READ several different articles where this exact same thing is stated.

Reading is overrated though. Screw reading. Especially reading a trusted source like the New York Times. I'm just going to listen to other people talking out of their ass on the Internet on message boards from now on and see how far that gets me.

Sound good to you?

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA

I second this statement :)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I wonder what kind of punishments the commissioner could place on the Cardinals after all this is settled?

I can't see anything being retroactive.

Whoever did this is probably going to prison. But how do they punish the team on the field? Ban them from playing in the playoffs? Has that ever happened before? Take away draft picks? Will there just be fines? Suspend the GM?

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I may not know another persons intent, but I can READ several different articles where this exact same thing is stated.

Reading is overrated though. Screw reading. Especially reading a trusted source like the New York Times. I'm just going to listen to other people talking out of their ass on the Internet on message boards from now on and see how far that gets me.

Sound good to you?

No, this does not sound good to me.

Writers from the New York Times don't know another person's intent.

FBI agents don't know another person's intent.

It is impossible for anyone to know the intent of another person.

Last August, when Tony Stewart killed Kevin Ward Jr., millions of people speculated on whether or not Stewart intended to hit him.

Regardless of what Stewart says, the only person who will ever know the true intent of Tony Stewart is Tony Stewart.

Regardless of what the Cardinals employees say, they are the only ones who will ever know their true intents.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I wonder what kind of punishments the commissioner could place on the Cardinals after all this is settled?

I can't see anything being retroactive.

Whoever did this is probably going to prison. But how do they punish the team on the field? Ban them from playing in the playoffs? Has that ever happened before? Take away draft picks? Will there just be fines? Suspend the GM?

On the same note, how will the Astros be compensated? Proprietary information leaked to the public. Draft picks potentially taken from under them, based on their own data.

Members online