Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Gents, what's the view on the rarity of the 1996 Pinnacle Fanfest playing card?

I've been a bit surprised to see these sell for 10 bucks on eBay.

Seems like the seller has a bunch, so easy to grab one now.

Welcome your thoughts. Chris

View attachment 78019

Yea I don’t think these are too rare. I picked up one a while back from the same seller. He had like 20+

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Yea I don’t think these are too rare. I picked up one a while back from the same seller. He had like 20+

Things are rare until they're not.

Not trying to be a smartass, but I remember a few years ago you couldn't get one for less than $75-$80. Then a bunch of them surface from the same seller... worthless

JohnnyFive

Mar 23, 2018
What’s the going rate for Jr cards? I have 636 cards I’m looking to sell & it has a mix of oddball, RC’s, inserts, & junk era & newer. I was thinking .25¢ would be fair but seeking some assistance.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
What’s the going rate for Jr cards? I have 636 cards I’m looking to sell & it has a mix of oddball, RC’s, inserts, & junk era & newer. I was thinking .25¢ would be fair but seeking some assistance.

Welcome to FCB.. and yes, $0.25 for the lot of 636 would be fair.. :)

J/k..

depending on the year of the card, you can get more.. is he in a Mariner or a Cincy Red or a Chi White Sox uni, that has some issue as well..

I am a member of a couple of Griffey Facebook Groups as well, so if you have an idea of what you have, that will work..

P.S. If you happen to have a 1998 Donruss Red Crusade numbered to /25, I pay you $10 :)

Once again welcome to FCB.. take of your jacket and stay awhile..

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Given how strong the graded gem (PSA 10/BGS 9.5) Griffey market is right now, I wonder what the going rate for a PSA 10 Purple Crusade would be.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Infernoooo!

attachment.php

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
A bit of a shout-out is needed here:

Rodney (tidel144) has been a stand up guy as a fellow Griffey collector over the past year, can't say enough about his support.

Anyone looking to work with him, I can only give it highest recommendation. Best, Chris

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014

GC24

Apr 29, 2016
Hello all,

The time has come, and I plan on listing my Mantle/Griffey auto in the near future. If anyone is interested, I'm open to negotiations to avoid eBay fees.

The card is authenticated (PSA) and will come with the original COA.

Attachments

• 892506581_o - Copy.jpg
    892506581_o - Copy.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 892506537_o - Copy.jpg
    892506537_o - Copy.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 21

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Hopefully nobody bites on this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Ken-G...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

...unless they want a $20 bat card with an in-person auto of Griffey on it.

On the surface, that doesn't sound like a terrible thing, except I'd bet most
of the bidders are thinking this is the pack-pulled Auto/Bat /24 that usually
brings over $1,000.

With the auto placement, PSA/DNA cert, and verbage of the auction, the
seller went through a lot of effort to be misleading.

For the record, the replacements still had the card #GA-KJ on the back, and
UD Certified the memorabilia AND signature.

Last edited:

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Hopefully nobody bites on this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Ken-G...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

...unless they want a $20 bat card with an in-person auto of Griffey on it.

On the surface, that doesn't sound like a terrible thing, except I'd bet most
of the bidders are thinking this is the pack-pulled Auto/Bat /24 that usually
brings over $1,000.

With the auto placement, PSA/DNA cert, and verbage of the auction, the
seller went through a lot of effort to be misleading.

For the record, the replacements still had the card #GA-KJ on the back, and
UD Certified the memorabilia AND signature.

If it stays cheap enough I might bite. I'd never spend the $1,000 for the /24 but it's a nice looking card with an authenticated signature. I'm not a Griffey collector but it would still go nicely with my other autos.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
If it stays cheap enough I might bite. I'd never
spend the $1,000 for the /24 but it's a nice looking card with an authenticated
signature. I'm not a Griffey collector but it would still go nicely with my other autos.

It's definitely a gorgeous card. My issue is that he is presenting it as something it's not.
It would be the equivalent of taking a regular Topps Heritage card, having a player sign it
in red marker, then selling it as a Topps Heritage Real One RED INK Autograph /25.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
It's definitely a gorgeous card. My issue is that he is presenting it as something it's not.
It would be the equivalent of taking a regular Topps Heritage card, having a player sign it
in red marker, then selling it as a Topps Heritage Real One RED INK Autograph /25.

I agree the listing is as shady as it can be. He's definitely trying to dupe. If it sells cheap he'll probably just pull the auction anyway.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Hello all,

The time has come, and I plan on listing my Mantle/Griffey auto in the near future. If anyone is interested, I'm open to negotiations to avoid eBay fees.

The card is authenticated (PSA) and will come with the original COA.

If you have a FB account, there are a couple of Griffey groups that I belong to that might be interested in this card..

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
There's always the chance that he was told it was a replacement by whoever he bought it from. (Ignorance vs Intention)

Absolutely. If it sells cheap and he actually lets it go then I'll assume the best. If he pulls it then I'll assume that he knows the truth.

At the end of the day you're still getting a certified Griffey auto and that has decent value so as long as the price isn't crazy it's worth buying.

Members online