Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mets Sign Michael Cuddyer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
And the Mets are still the laughing stock of NY. What a STUPID move. Signing the one guy who was thinking about taking his QO to a 2 year deal. This guy is always injured AND the mets give up the 15th pick. I bet mets fans love this one ;)

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
My God, what a ******* horrendous move. I love Cuddy, but this makes no sense for the Mets and only for Cuddy's wallet. Oy ...

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
It's been met with mostly positive comments from Francessa and callers

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Some Mets fans can be delusional, so I am sure some think this may be solid. What a joke. Signing a 35 year old un-athletic, defensive liability who has injury issues. Pass. Any real news yet?

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Some Mets fans can be delusional, so I am sure some think this may be solid. What a joke. Signing a 35 year old un-athletic, defensive liability who has injury issues. Pass. Any real news yet?
Don't forget they lost their first rounder now. Check out the thread about this on the OTHER site. All the mets fans are absolutely loving it. WTF? How can anyone love this move? He'll be lucky to get 200 games played for the mets IMO.

Also what was cuddyer thinking? He took two years at 21 million instead of 1 year at 15.3 million?

One of the most head scratching moves I've seen in the last few days.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Don't forget they lost their first rounder now. Check out the thread about this on the OTHER site. All the mets fans are absolutely loving it. WTF? How can anyone love this move? He'll be lucky to get 200 games played for the mets IMO.

Also what was cuddyer thinking? He took two years at 21 million instead of 1 year at 15.3 million?

No need to look. I know exactly what delusions will be stated and from what sources. I heard it for years.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

Cuddy's playing time was going to be cut significantly if he stayed in Denver this year. They would have had a crowded outfield, and then they have Morneau at first for another year. Cuddyer wanted a multiyear deal, and at this stage in his career I don't blame him

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Cuddy's playing time was going to be cut significantly if he stayed in Denver this year. They would have had a crowded outfield, and then they have Morneau at first for another year. Cuddyer wanted a multiyear deal, and at this stage in his career I don't blame him

Good point and a solid move for Cuddyer. I am starting to hear things like, playoff run from some of the delusional Mets fans. Slow down a bit and reach for .500 first.

WaxPax

I like the move, just not the price. I mean if was just a 2 year deal without losing the draft I'd have no problem with it.

If you're going to lose your #1 pick it should be for a significant signing...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I think it's a pretty good move for the Mets as long as he can stay healthy. He won a batting title last year. In addition to playing right field he can play 1st base for Duda when they face lefties since Duda can't hit lefties. He is a great friend of David Wright which probably had something to do with the signing and will be a good presence in the clubhouse. Go Phillies!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think it's a pretty good move for the Mets as long as he can stay healthy. He won a batting title last year. In addition to playing right field he can play 1st base for Duda when they face lefties since Duda can't hit lefties. He is a great friend of David Wright which probably had something to do with the signing and will be a good presence in the clubhouse. Go Phillies!

He won a batting title in Colorado so that fact can be slightly misleading. It seems like a two year deal would have made more since in the AL he's serviceable in the field I guess but not exactly gold glove caliber

Members online