Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Tribute Special Edition pack out problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
2015 Tribute Special Edition Baseball announcement from Topps:

Please be advised due to an insertion error during the packout, six of the guaranteed relic cards in each case of ’15 Tribute Special Edition Baseball did not make it into the product.

To compensate, we are sending out a special pack that contains six relics for each case you purchased to send to your customers that purchased this product.

Example: if you purchased 10 cases from Topps, you will receive 10 packs.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Man , if there is a product (which IMO shouldn't have been re released) should have extra care to make sure it was executed 100%, it would be this. Seems as though more than jut the 6 Relics would be in order for the aggravation.

Ryan

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Not to mention there are 12 packs per case right? So before it was "randomized" as to which pack would pick up a relic card and now the seller essentially has to choose which customers to send a relic card to (and which relic card) in the event they had more than 6 people purchase from the same case (IE 12 different people each by 1 pack from a case).

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
The "gift" of 2015 Tribute keeps giving. What a mess that release was/is.

I'm still trying to figure out if I want to pick up some tribute SE singles because I'm not sure topps may have actually fixed the issues with the autos. I'm poaranoid the autos will exhibit issues over the long term that are not evident today.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
What if you bought your box at a show or on eBay? What will likely be in these packs....$1 common GU cards :lol:
#thankstoops , nice attempt but your still fail.

It's a cluster f of a product for sure.

1. Product release and QC failed and autos don't hold up well

2. They do a recall, guess that step was ok if you wanted to send product back

3. Replacement options on singles if iffy at best

4. Recall creates a false sense of scarcity of original cards on market, some prices increase for cleaner copies

5. They resell people the same cards a 2nd time by sealing them after resigning

6. Creates more cards on market and those who paid more on original cards can be effected by more on market

7. Forget to include the relics

8. Send relics to distributors/dealers who may or may not get them to correct people and fairness on getting them is questionable

Basically just another day...

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts