Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I'm sending him a free Musial refractor jersey but I see no issue with him getting another free one...

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
That list frightens me a little. What's been posted and what has been claimed are a couple different animals. For example, Jeff N. posted 3 items, none of which have been claimed to my knowledge and it's been quite a while, so chances are either a) no one wanted to claim them or b) people have forgotten what was posted and what is still available. To say he is up 3 items, well, I'd disagree with that. He has the potential to be up three items, but at this time, he's simply "0."

I think the "up/down" column should reflect what is truly owed to/from individuals based on what has been claimed.

That said, you've done more than your share of the work load to track this stuff! It's way more detail than I ever imagined this thread gathering (note, it is very useful and good detail)!

Also - I have a request that Steve (catdaddy) be given a break here. He'll catch up at some point. I know his home was just broken into last week and many of his collectibles were taken. Give him some time to regroup and figure it out and I'm sure he'll be back around sometime. In the meantime, if he still sees stuff he likes, I hope he'll continue to claim it and not be given a hard time about it.

I agree with all of this personally. If stuff isn't claimed and just sits there forever, it shouldn't count toward the total you've given. I have an item like that too.
Value, was supposed to be $15+sv. If someone wants to go over, by all means, and hopefully if that item is taken its replaced by something fairly equivalent, but technically it doesn't have to be unless asked to be by the offerer. That's how I read post 1.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I was just trying to get the info out there, as more times than not people have Zero idea if they are ahead, behind, even, etc.
Catdaddycards can have all of the breaks you want to give, I only post the info that I have in front of me, didnt exclude any members, not fair to do so no matter what your situation is.
I agree and disagree with the what a person has claimed vs what they have put up for claiming / claimed
I have nice stuff up that for some reason people dont want to claim, so I go from a +1 to a -5.
Im more than happy to pull down my nice stuff, put up $15 type items that will easily be claimed if that is where you all want this to go, just let me know what I should do to get me back to at least 0.

certain items like yours and several other nice items should stay up & count towards the + column. I think most members are not capable of claiming certain high end items and replacing with similar valued item. I think we should keep reposting the certain items still available every several days to keep the list fresh of whats available.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I decided they were grouped into one being you gave the choice
You want them separate, I will separate them, you tell me

Oh, I don't care. Either way. I wasn't "counting" and I didn't think that this thread was ABOUT "counting". Doesn't look like they're being taken. Looks like I've got about $100 worth of stuff -- 2 blasters at $20 ea and 2 NT cards at $25-30 ea, and no one's biting. There's been one card I wanted and it was snagged by someone who's taken 3 cards already. Just waiting for stuff to be taken.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
bumping this, many are still available.

This is not being offered as a lot, each are one offering and fairly confident they all meet the $15 minimum in their current condition. But feel free to claim as much as you want.

EDIT: Mays sporting , fence buster, and Killebrew are gone to @MojoDan
@rum151man claimed 59 maris
@WNP22 claimed 59 musial

I added the ones i still have pending as well.

sketchlot_zpsf3a17020.jpg

griffeygold_zpsfb733ed3.jpg

Campanella has a crease that goes diagonally across the bottom right. you can see it in the scan.
Hank Aaron has a faint pencil writing on the top left just left of his head. cant really see it in the scan.
Banks has a pencil mark to the right of his head through the green, didnt realize it at first.
vintage1_zpsf092f121.jpg

vintage2_zpsb549a93d.jpg

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Hmmm....

I don't want this to become too much work. I (WE) TRULY appreciate the work you've done and continue to do!!!

I think a lot of the nice stuff that has people up in the + column is a result of items posted that have not been claimed, as is your situation that you elude to (I would not have any idea about this if you didn't mention it). Why people haven't claimed those items is beyond me, but my initial guess is that it got lost in the thread or the post you made with items available isn't being looked at. Another thing is that it's probably hard to get newer people to know what the hell is going on in this thread as it's now over 100 pages deep. CONGRATS TO US!!! That is awesome, but it might be intimidating for new people to jump in as a result and they certainly can't be expected to go fishing through all the pages to find items or to figure out that there is a master list of items out there.

I updated the rules in post 1 a little to address some of this. Basically, if an item is up for 3 days with no takers, you should make a reminder post about your item. If it's still there after a full week, perhaps it's a sign of little to no interest and should be replaced with something else.

My only point about the +/- thing is this: There could eventually be people who are +50, but really are "0." Example: I post 100 items over time. I claim 50 items, and I have 50 of my 100 items claimed. I look like I'm +50 by the count above. If I go on a spree and take 50 more items, while no one claims anymore of mine, I'll now look like "0" by the above tracking method, but really I'm -50 because I still own 50 of my original 100 items. I may NEVER be able to truly get back to a 1/1 ratio. I may disappear from the site at that point and you'll never see me again. Then what? I've basically taken the members here for 50 free PC items!

I don't really care how we account for +/-, but I want to be sure we don't let people get too far out in front with the "+" status, which I see almost as important as not letting people get too far behind with the "-" status either, unless someone truly has had + X more items claimed (not posted, but claimed) than they have claimed.

I think a better way to track it is a column for "Items Claimed By Others" and "Items Claimed From Others" with the "+/-" representing the difference between those two numbers. I hope this makes sense!

I was just trying to get the info out there, as more times than not people have zero idea if they are ahead, behind, even, etc.
Catdaddycards can have all of the breaks you want to give, I only post the info that I have in front of me, didnt exclude any members, not fair to do so no matter what your situation is.
I agree and disagree with the what a person has claimed vs what they have put up for claiming / claimed
I have nice stuff up that for some reason people dont want to claim, so I go from a +1 to a -5.
Im more than happy to pull down my nice stuff, put up $15 type items that will easily be claimed if that is where you all want this to go, just let me know what I should do to get me back to at least 0.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

If something I said was taken in a wrong way I certainly didn't mean it to be.
There are some great items NOT claimed and I can't figure out why. Just saying if they have sat for a while post them up again to remind everyone or find something different. That was my only thought on the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Oh, I don't care. Either way. I wasn't "counting" and I didn't think that this thread was ABOUT "counting". Doesn't look like they're being taken. Looks like I've got about $100 worth of stuff -- 2 blasters at $20 ea and 2 NT cards at $25-30 ea, and no one's biting. There's been one card I wanted and it was snagged by someone who's taken 3 cards already. Just waiting for stuff to be taken.

Read Jeff, hence why I posted the claimed vs posting, so people knew where they STOOD!!!

--------------------

1st post of thread

Rule 5

Your give to take ratio has to be 1:1, but feel free to give as much as you want and take as much as you want. You DON'T have to post something immediately as you take something, but if you can, please do or put something in within a few days. This should be community monitored. You will NOT be shipped an item UNTIL you post a replacement for the item you claimed, or you can show you already posted and gave away an item, but have not claimed something from the thread.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Hmmm....

I don't want this to become too much work. I (WE) TRULY appreciate the work you've done and continue to do!!!

I think a lot of the nice stuff that has people up in the + column is a result of items posted that have not been claimed, as is your situation that you elude to (I would not have any idea about this if you didn't mention it). Why people haven't claimed those items is beyond me, but my initial guess is that it got lost in the thread or the post you made with items available isn't being looked at. Another thing is that it's probably hard to get newer people to know what the hell is going on in this thread as it's now over 100 pages deep. CONGRATS TO US!!! That is awesome, but it might be intimidating for new people to jump in as a result and they certainly can't be expected to go fishing through all the pages to find items or to figure out that there is a master list of items out there.

I updated the rules in post 1 a little to address some of this. Basically, if an item is up for 3 days with no takers, you should make a reminder post about your item. If it's still there after a full week, perhaps it's a sign of little to no interest and should be replaced with something else.

My only point about the +/- thing is this: There could eventually be people who are +50, but really are "0." Example: I post 100 items over time. I claim 50 items, and I have 50 of my 100 items claimed. I look like I'm +50 by the count above. If I go on a spree and take 50 more items, while no one claims anymore of mine, I'll now look like "0" by the above tracking method, but really I'm -50 because I still own 50 of my original 100 items. I may NEVER be able to truly get back to a 1/1 ratio. I may disappear from the site at that point and you'll never see me again. Then what? I've basically taken the members here for 50 free PC items!

I don't really care how we account for +/-, but I want to be sure we don't let people get too far out in front with the "+" status, which I see almost as important as not letting people get too far behind with the "-" status either, unless someone truly has had + X more items claimed (not posted, but claimed) than they have claimed.

I think a better way to track it is a column for "Items Claimed By Others" and "Items Claimed From Others" with the "+/-" representing the difference between those two numbers. I hope this makes sense!

I list the exact post where an unclaimed item is, so items are not hard to find.

In fact, maybe you should post the linked SS in the first thread, that way it is always in the first thread.
I can PM you the link everytime and you can put it up there.
Your call.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
If something I said was taken in a wrong way I certainly didn't mean it to be.
There are some great items NOT claimed and I can't figure out why. Just saying if they have sat for a while post them up again to remind everyone or find something different. That was my only thought on the issue.
As far as Cats getting a free claim I'm all for it for the work he's put into keeping some order to this. Dans helped him and I sent him a card for his nephew. But I think with recent events included, a break is warranted and if he's looking for anything specific I'd like to help

FYI, not Catsdaddy or Steve posting this
Its Musial Collector named Chris doing it ;)

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska

Gah sorry! Not sure where I became confused

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Jeff,

You see something you like, claim it. You don't have to wait for someone to take something from you. The only people participating in this thread are established board members. That was my intention from square one. The reason being, we wouldn't have to worry too much about people abusing the thread. So far, I think we've really achieved that. I don't see anything that has gone on here that has made me say, "uht oh!"

I don't think anyone would have a problem with you taking something from the thread, even if something of yours has not been claimed. If it's not claimed after a few days, repost. If still there after a week, maybe time to replace it with something else?

As for counting - you can bet your bottom dollar this thread IS about counting! No scamming is going to take place here. It is strictly a 1:1 ratio. What I didn't want to be a stickler about is value, other than the $15 minimum cash value and the common sense rule on replacement value. If people are taking $50 cards and replacing with $15 cards - well, they may get away with it once, but that will be about it. Doing it a second time, will earn them a requirement to make amends or get out. However, I would never even squabble about a $30-35 replacement on a $50 take. Heck, hopefully that person remembers that next time they take a $15 value card and they replace it with a $30 value card.

That said, feel free to take all the $15 cards you want and replace with higher value cards! That will only improve the quality of the stuff here long term.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I list the exact post where an unclaimed item is, so items are not hard to find.

In fact, maybe you should post the linked SS in the first thread, that way it is always in the first thread.
I can PM you the link everytime and you can put it up there.
Your call.

Right on. This makes sense! Send me the link and I'll post it in thread post #1

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I wasn't worried about waiting for someone to take something. I've had no interest in anything other than the Schmidt. It was my impression that we were all trusted and didn't need to be monitored, and would do the right thing in regard to this thread. Sadly, I guess not.

Jeff,

You see something you like, claim it. You don't have to wait for someone to take something from you. The only people participating in this thread are established board members. That was my intention from square one. The reason being, we wouldn't have to worry too much about people abusing the thread. So far, I think we've really achieved that. I don't see anything that has gone on here that has made me say, "uht oh!"

I don't think anyone would have a problem with you taking something from the thread, even if something of yours has not been claimed. If it's not claimed after a few days, repost. If still there after a week, maybe time to replace it with something else?

As for counting - you can bet your bottom dollar this thread IS about counting! No scamming is going to take place here. It is strictly a 1:1 ratio. What I didn't want to be a stickler about is value, other than the $15 minimum cash value and the common sense rule on replacement value. If people are taking $50 cards and replacing with $15 cards - well, they may get away with it once, but that will be about it. Doing it a second time, will earn them a requirement to make amends or get out. However, I would never even squabble about a $30-35 replacement on a $50 take. Heck, hopefully that person remembers that next time they take a $15 value card and they replace it with a $30 value card.

That said, feel free to take all the $15 cards you want and replace with higher value cards! That will only improve the quality of the stuff here long term.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I wasn't worried about waiting for someone to take something. I've had no interest in anything other than the Schmidt. It was my impression that we were all trusted and didn't need to be monitored, and would do the right thing in regard to this thread. Sadly, I guess not.

Again very first post:

"This should be community monitored."

The showing of where people stood was a friendly reminder, a heads up, as again, a lot of members lose track of where they stand in posting and claiming when you are posting and claiming.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I don't see anything sad about this thread at all! I think some moderation and watching over the thread is healthy. I think the thread could be fine without it too, given the members that are participating, but nonetheless, it never hurts to a few people just keeping tabs on things.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I don't see anything sad about this thread at all! I think some moderation and watching over the thread is healthy. I think the thread could be fine without it too, given the members that are participating, but nonetheless, it never hurts to a few people just keeping tabs on things.

Exactly Bill, that is what went wrong with the PIF thread, no monitoring, no rules. Seemed to be more of a social experiment more than anything. If we didnt have a set of rules and some monitoring, this thread would have died long ago. There is nothing here that is sad or that has been done incorrectly. Yes some things have needed some tweaking, but just as they rules have adjusted so have the people participating. If people dont care for the rules or the monitoring, then they dont respect the thread and what its all about and need to participate in a different thread IMO.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska

To get us back on track
image-23.jpg

** note on this auto ** it is NOT the leaf 1993 buyback but a scoreboard authenticated auto /250 (with seperate Coa)
Comparing it to my sweet spot it's identical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts