Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gold Glove winners announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Gold Glove Winners

AL left fielder: Royals' Alex Gordon
AL shortstop: Orioles' J.J. Hardy
AL first baseman: Royals' Eric Hosmer
AL catcher: Royals' Salvador Perez
AL second baseman: Red Sox's Dustin Pedroia
AL third baseman: Mariners' Kyle Seager
AL pitcher: Astros' Dallas Keuchel
AL center fielder: Orioles' Adam Jones
AL right fielder: Orioles' Nick Markakis

NL first baseman: Dodgers' Adrian Gonzalez
NL second baseman: Rockies' DJ LeMahieu
NL shortstop: Braves' Andrelton Simmons
NL third baseman: Rockies' Nolan Arenado
NL left fielder: Marlins' Christian Yelich
NL center fielder: Mets' Juan Lagares
NL right fielder: Braves' Jason Heyward
NL pitcher: Dodgers' Zack Greinke
NL catcher: Cardinals' Yadier Molina

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Gold Glove Winners

AL left fielder: Royals' Alex Gordon
AL shortstop: Orioles' J.J. Hardy
AL first baseman: Royals' Eric Hosmer
AL catcher: Royals' Salvador Perez
AL second baseman: Red Sox's Dustin Pedroia
AL third baseman: Mariners' Kyle Seager
AL pitcher: Astros' Dallas Keuchel
AL center fielder: Orioles' Adam Jones
AL right fielder: Orioles' Nick Markakis

NL first baseman: Dodgers' Adrian Gonzalez
NL second baseman: Rockies' DJ LeMahieu
NL shortstop: Braves' Andrelton Simmons
NL third baseman: Rockies' Nolan Arenado
NL left fielder: Marlins' Christian Yelich
NL center fielder: Mets' Juan Lagares
NL right fielder: Braves' Jason Heyward
NL pitcher: Dodgers' Zack Greinke
NL catcher: Cardinals' Yadier Molina

I probably would have given the nod to Donaldson in the AL at 3rd over Seager but still a good pick. Looks solid overall and I think the voters for the most part got it correct.

Suck it Lucroy.

R. Martin?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Certainly can't complain that they were just giving the award to the big stars.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I probably would have given the nod to Donaldson in the AL at 3rd over Seager but still a good pick. Looks solid overall and I think the voters for the most part got it correct.

R. Martin?

I just went to MLB.com and clicked on sortable stats.. then I selected 3B and fielding.. Seager's name was top in the MLB.. He had the best fielding %.. which is what the GOLD GLOVE is for..

stanthemanmusial

Nov 1, 2014
Anyone else think its a joke that Yadi won and he missed almost a third of the season?

I like Molina, but to be totally honest, yes I do. Every other year he won, he more than deserved it. This year, I think he won based on his past history.

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I just went to MLB.com and clicked on sortable stats.. then I selected 3B and fielding.. Seager's name was top in the MLB.. He had the best fielding %.. which is what the GOLD GLOVE is for..

Seager was a solid choice but fielding % should not be the sole determination of defensive ability at a position, there are other factors as well.

I like Molina, but to be totally honest, yes I do. Every other year he won, he more than deserved it. This year, I think he won based on his past history.

Right you are. He certainly won it based on his history.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Of the possible games they could have played in.

Yadi played 67.9%
Kershaw played 81.8%

A pitchers schedule makes it a noticeable difference. Not huge but enough of a gap to make an argument.

Doesn't really matter. A pitcher is probably going to win the Cy Young and MVP after an extended stint on the disabled list, and people want to complain about the best catcher in Major League Baseball for the last decade winning the Gold Glove when he only missed one week less than said pitcher? Doesn't make much sense.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Doesn't really matter. A pitcher is probably going to win the Cy Young and MVP after an extended stint on the disabled list, and people want to complain about the best catcher in Major League Baseball for the last decade winning the Gold Glove when he only missed one week less than said pitcher? Doesn't make much sense.

You can't count how many days a pitcher misses because they're only playing about every 4th or 5th game anyway. It's like when a pitcher gets a 2 game suspension when they would have been sitting on the bench those two games anyway. How many starts did Kershaw miss during his time out, maybe 5? Based on his past few seasons, Yadi missed around 25 games he would have normally played.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
You can't count how many days a pitcher misses because they're only playing about every 4th or 5th game anyway. It's like when a pitcher gets a 2 game suspension when they would have been sitting on the bench those two games anyway. How many starts did Kershaw miss during his time out, maybe 5? Based on his past few seasons, Yadi missed around 25 games he would have normally played.

Doesn't matter. 24 hours a day is 24 hours a day.

There are no time differences for players on the disabled list. Time is time, no matter what position. No matter how someone wants to spin it to justify awards and statistics.

Members online