Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Just finished up my 1996 SP Holoview Red set - grabbed the Griffey for $25! Have a completed 1994 Holoview Red set and still need 13 cards for the 1995 Special F/X set.

I've been having fun building some of these kinds of sets recently - should of done this years ago!

And those are some absolutely beautiful sets too! Really underrated. Surprised they haven't held greater value despite not being mega limited.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Few recent pickups I thought I'd share:

All 3 97 Legacies (down to the 99 row 3 to finish the 90s legacies):
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1462409985.798597.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1462409997.296166.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1462410009.281513.jpg

96 power alley die cut:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1462410041.031658.jpg

Gold medallion:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1462410055.763372.jpg

And couldn't pass up another copy of this one for cheap. Love the essential credentials:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1462410109.045885.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
That's crazy. And yet, people pay big money for their expert opinion. That has slab fail all over it. I would hope they would reslab and give a voucher credit b/c that shouldn't happen.

Then if it was consignment did Probstein screw up on the listing (meaning did they know what it actually was etc). Lots of mistakes on top is PSA possibly. Good score regardless Athletics.

Ryan

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
That's crazy. And yet, people pay big money for their expert opinion. That has slab fail all over it. I would hope they would reslab and give a voucher credit b/c that shouldn't happen.

I would agree they should do that for the person who paid to have it graded.... But that person does not have it anymore and lost some nice cash because of the "little" ;) error.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
It will have to be liberated from that slab which is unfortunate as a PSA 10. There's still a chance this is not a prized, without a back scan, but I'm pretty confident.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
It will have to be liberated from that slab which is unfortunate as a PSA 10. There's still a chance this is not a prized, without a back scan, but I'm pretty confident.

It sure "pops" like one by the scan. I instantly thought Prized too. Definitely a great score if it is!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA

Like Clark Fan said, it POPS way too much not be the prized. Ungraded it would have been a nice pickup. The fact it is a Gem 10 that is a REALLY nice pickup as the prized are brutal to get in that condition. I laughed though when I saw it was only listed for less than 45 minutes. I am always looking for preferred stuff and I wondered how I missed it, but then I saw what time. Late night? HAHA

Last edited:

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Like Clark Fan said, it POPS way too much not be the prized. Ungraded it would have been a nice pickup. The fact it is a Gem 10 that is a REALLY nice pickup as the prized are brutal to get in that condition. I laughed though when I saw it was only listed for less than 45 minutes. I am always looking for preferred stuff and I wondered how I missed it, but then I saw what time. Late night? HAHA

It was early evening (PST) on Tuesday. But yea, don't think it was up long.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Just saw the 2 Rickey 96 Mirror Reds that have been listed for $149 forever, have been relisted for $349! Seriously?!?! If they haven't sold for $149, why raise the prise more than double?

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
ADAM-

Can't speak for the executive proofs as they don't show in my history sources

Last 2 prototypes were Green ( $710) & Purple ( $711) sold on eBay
No red Prototypes sales in any of the history sources I used

Last regular red sold this year Jan 2016 for $170 ( #18 /25)

Thanks for the info!

I just sold my Executive set. The price was right for me to move them.

Do you have the dates of those CTA sales?

That red crusade sale you referenced was actually a damaged copy. I watched the auction and the description clearly stated a major flaw with the corner/edges.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Damn, was told that wasn't going to be cut. Curious what they move for.

Ryan

Ryan
Quick question. These cards were part of an uncut sheet that the seller cut? If so, in the description they are claiming these were made to be replacements (which is I would agree with if they were cut down by the company) but if they were cut after market seems a little shady to me. Especially if they were cut recently. Can you shed some light on it?

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Ryan
Quick question. These cards were part of an uncut sheet that the seller cut? If so, in the description they are claiming these were made to be replacements (which is I would agree with if they were cut down by the company) but if they were cut after market seems a little shady to me. Especially if they were cut recently. Can you shed some light on it?

Recent uncut sheet. Came originally from a head of the Chromium Process (responsible for Chrome / Refractor technology) personal collection. Don't know the current seller personally. I can't speak to why he worded as he did.

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts