Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SF Giants talk and collecting thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Apparently Murph found a lost box of "clutch" while cleaning out the clubhouse before Friday's game, and promptly cracked it open.

The result? Sweeping a must-win series to punch their ticket to the Wild Card game!

Of course, the last time the Giants faced Syndergaard...
Thor: 8 ip, 2 hits, 0 runs

Last time Bum faced the Mets:
Bum: 5 ip, 6 hits, 4 runs

However, Bumgarner has already established himself among the all-time great post-season pitchers.

I wonder how much "clutch" is left in that box?

Last edited:

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Wow.

Probably the most intense pitching duel of any Giants post-season games in the Bochy era.

Attachments

• 2009GillaspieGR[1].jpg
    2009GillaspieGR[1].jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 6

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I remember Gillaspie from way back. Always a nice guy but never thought he'd be a legend like he is now

Baggs did a good story about Gillaspie's return, http://blogs.mercurynews.com/giants/2016/02/21/conor-gillaspie/.

Gillaspie's among a series of 1st round busts the Giants drafted after already having a pick.

2006:
1st 1st round pick: Tim Lincecum (hit)
2nd 1st round pick: Emmanuel Burriss (miss)

2007:
1st 1st round pick: Madison Bumgarner (hit)
2nd 1st round pick: Tim Alderson (traded for Freddy Sanchez)
3rd 1st round pick: Wendell Fairley (miss)
4th 1st round pick: Nick Noonan (miss)
5th 1st round pick: Jackson Williams (miss)
6th 1st round pick: Charlie Culberson (traded for Marco Scutaro)

2008:
1st 1st round pick: Buster Posey (hit)
2nd 1st round pick: Conor Gillaspie (miss)

2011:
1st 1st round pick: Joe Panik (hit)
2nd 1st round pick: Kyle Crick (looks to be a miss)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The Giants got f*cked.

Dude clearly checked his swing. It wasn't even close.

And Posey's double would have tied the game.

But I'm not surprised.

F*ck the Cubs.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The Giants got f*cked.

Dude clearly checked his swing. It wasn't even close.

And Posey's double would have tied the game.

But I'm not surprised.

F*ck the Cubs.
This was the giants fans argument on Twitter but it's chicken s to me. Johnny got several borderline calls, they got lead off guys on but couldn't do anything with it. U can just lose, don't always have to get screwed.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
The thing about the 2016 Giants is that the key offensive players are not playing up to their potential. Posey, Pence, Crawford, Panik.

Yeah, the bullpen stinks, but a fact of the 2016 Giants is that they have 0 wins when trailing in the 9th. 0. No comebacks. No come-from-behind clutch.

Best thing for this team is probably just to tell them all to go home, rest up, and see what happens next year.

Maybe signing Cespedis to fill the hole that Pagan's going to leave might help a little. It'd be nice to add some more power to the lineup.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Kinda fitting that a season marked with an unstable bullpen would end with a blown save.

Off-season wish list:

2 dependable late-innings relievers who can get outs and are unaffected by match-ups.
Productive power-hitting left fielder.
For Posey, Pence, Panik, Belt, and Crawford to figure out their s**t this off-season and come to 2017 ready to mash.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
It was a little discouraging to hear Bobby Evans talk about how they think Parker and Williamson are the answer in the outfield. :/

I guess we shouldn't get our hopes up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts