Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Not a card, but an original candid fan photo, dating sometime between 1954 and 1957. Printed on period Kodak deckle edge paper. Don Zimmer heads to the dugout after batting practice at Ebbets Field.

zimmer_kodakdeckleedge.jpg

Really like the snapshot; very cool!

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Pretty happy about these 3 additions. All 3 check off sets I needed. For the HoF collection I needed Traynor and Appling. Although I have Foxx in another set, I felt like I got a great deal on the '38 Dixie Lid and couldn't pass it up. The colors on the '48 Leaf are stunning.20190201_183828.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Pretty happy about these 3 additions. All 3 check off sets I needed. For the HoF collection I needed Traynor and Appling. Although I have Foxx in another set, I felt like I got a great deal on the '38 Dixie Lid and couldn't pass it up. The colors on the '48 Leaf are stunning.View attachment 86658

The “Appling” of my eyes! Great color! Very nice pickups!!!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Just doing the Yankees for White Backs/Gray Backs. Good news is that I will add a Mantle to my collection. Bad news is that I have to save up money to buy a Mantle for my collection!!!!!
Andy Carey and Bob Turley Gray Backs

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Since you don't need 2 Mantles for the set, you can send me over the PSA 1. Haha.

Very nice additions. Love the set.

We could arrange something possibly. Have a couple additional to scan tomorrow. Not baseball but I picked up a raw 72 Dr. J rookie for a decent price...if its real... just something seems off with the ink to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I have a most of these raw but replacing with graded copies. Still need 12 graded cards. Not going to go high end but love this set and they look great on display.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I have the entire set already, but wanted to have a white back and gray back copy of the Yankees who have that variety. I have the others ordered, except for Mantle. He is in my lock box and I don't know which I already have!

Members online

Latest posts