Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dec Night Crew- Decade Review!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Think I’ll hold off on the FredFred jerseys for now, and yes, that’s what I’ll be calling him from here on out, it’s too good not to...

I’d say jersey wise, Jeff McNeil would top Logan’s list, I actually tried to get him a youth one from my “jersey guy” at work, but he couldn’t get it. That stems back from when we met Jeff...View attachment 95362

Logan actually has a really weird knowledge of baseball based on the Mets we watch, and the minor league games we go to, especially the bobblehead giveaways we get. He knows “Big, Bad, Pete Alonso” and Matt McBride (local Lehigh Valley guy who played with the Rockies and then for the local Lehigh Valley IronPigs) and He’s prolly the only 4, almost 5, year old who consistently drops Rick Schu’s name, due to his Rick Schu bobblehead giveaway from the SWB Railriders...

If I had the money to get a jersey, which I might soon, depending on how my work fantasy football championship game plays out, pretty sure my first choice would be a Pete Alonso jersey...

That is a good age for being into baseball. Do the Mets have a lot of good free gameday giveaways? I remember being a kid and getting free Mariners lunchbox at a game, and another time free Martinez jersey.

Yeah, a player like Alonso would be best since he will be around NYM for a long long time.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Wasn’t there a Harper tablecloth too?

Not in this realm, no... but we can dream of lands beyond where all the overrated roiders have tablecloths. A slice of tranquility and peace of mind, where even Bartolo has a tablecloth card. :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
This is what happens

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Go to your Start page
Details

When I click on this.

https://baseballcardpedia.com/index.p...plimental_Sets

Yep, same here. Apparently the tablecloth cards are so bad that our computers are rebelling against them. ;)

For those interested in looking here's what they are.

artbb-16c2s-19tn-st01a_.png

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well that's like, a bummer. If you pull up their home page, then click on the link under newest pages, it comes up fine. No shortage of weak web programming out there!

This is what happens

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Go to your Start page
Details

When I click on this.

https://baseballcardpedia.com/index.p...plimental_Sets

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
We should give a NSFW warning though, there is a beige parallel which in my opinion is the ugliest card ever made. :|

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
What does everyone think about a potential Fransisco Lindor trade? At first I was ignoring these headlines but the reality seems to be that CLE can't afford him, so a trade does seem likely. I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg on his talent... 10+ WAR player. Who can afford to trade+mega-deal for him??

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Man, I dunno. He's a hell of a player but I don't follow teams and their finances close enough to know who's in the market. I do know you can cross the Rockies off that list for obvious reasons.

What does everyone think about a potential Fransisco Lindor trade? At first I was ignoring these headlines but the reality seems to be that CLE can't afford him, so a trade does seem likely. I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg on his talent... 10+ WAR player. Who can afford to trade+mega-deal for him??

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Whuttup G's.

My Christmasing is mostly over. Friday night was my buddy's annual eggnog party, where we make batches of nog the old fashioned way. Separating out the whites and the yolks, beating the hell out of them, adding sugar/heavy cream/light cream/milk plus the booze of choice. This year was 8 different 1-gallon batches. Not good for the liver or the cholesterol, but damn fine anyway. Then had an early X-mas dinner at my mom's place with my brother and family, who came down from Wyoming this weekend and stayed the night at my place. Good times. Now just relaxing and getting ready for a week of work. Probably will hang with friends on Xmas eve, but otherwise festivities are done. Still got a bunch of ornaments hung around my house though, which give the place a nice feeling. Will leave them up until after new years probably.

Also just finished the first post on a new thread, ripping on 2019 Tek, aka Zombie Tek. I'm sure it's going to blow up, 3-4 replies at least. Nobody gives a crap about 2019 Tek, and rightly so.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT

I would imagine there are a few teams that might try to rent and persuade him to take a bit of a discount. But for teams that would actually trade and shell out a full contract for 7-10 years at full value of 300+ mil it's a small number. Angels always seem to have money, the dodgers are apparently willing to move anyone's position to add another bat. With the Yankees in win now mode and Didi in Philly that's an interesting an terrifying thought if they were to trade one of their young names, Sox are not spending plus Xander is as good as you need. It's difficult for me to think of another team that would spend the money and doesn't already have a good short stop.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Eggnog.....never been a fan of that stuff. I'll just stick to pure grain alcohol. As far as Lindor goes, I dont think the Yankees will end up with him. I mean, I really like Lindor and would love to have him but with Gleyber going back to his natural position at SS(or so they have reported), I would hate to think they move him back to second base. I would think LeMahieu will play 2b, and Gleyber will go to short. But if Lindor does get there, and it will probably fleece our system, it would be an absolutely epic lineup. Btw, two days til Christmas ya goons!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I With the Yankees in win now mode and Didi in Philly that's an interesting an terrifying thought if they were to trade one of their young names, Sox are not spending plus Xander is as good as you need. It's difficult for me to think of another team that would spend the money and doesn't already have a good short stop.

If the Yanks could get Hader and Lindor that team would be ridiculously stacked.... insane 120W level talent.

I love eggnog. It doesn't like me so much a little while later. :(

Agreed. Its a ticking time bomb. :shock:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Also just finished the first post on a new thread, ripping on 2019 Tek, aka Zombie Tek. I'm sure it's going to blow up, 3-4 replies at least. Nobody gives a crap about 2019 Tek, and rightly so.

Yep, it will only get 3-4 replies and the worst part is 2 of them will probably be from me. :lol:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Haha. Yep, probably. No replies so far, not even from you, ye basterd!

I think the fact that I made a thread ripping on a set, and not one reply yet, is yet another clear indication how little people care about that set. Are you listening Topps? Got your lurkers out scanning this thread? Either bring back the Tek we love, or just kill it. Two to the chest and one to the head. Hollow points.

Yep, it will only get 3-4 replies and the worst part is 2 of them will probably be from me. :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Glad you had a good time with your family. I'm not sure what I will do for my Christmas, probably watch Bad Santa for the 50th time.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
That time around Thanksgiving I was drinking a bit and bought myself a Christmas present.... guys I have no clue what it is. :lol: So I will genuinely be surprised when I open it.

Latest posts