Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

--------Wednesday Morning Thread---------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
[MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] Found a Sweet Spot auto lot over on SCN. The only downside is the guy wants to sell as a lot, but doesn't have a price in mind. Here's a list of who I saw in the lot-
Juan Marichal
Dennis Eckersley
Jacque Jones
Justin Morneau
Luis Apracio
Ken Griffey Sr.
Dave Winfield- slightly faded
Andre Dawson
Kerry Wood
Dale Murphy
Scott Podsednik
Brian Roberts
Stephen Drew
Aramis Ramirez (maybe, the guy is using grainy photos, not scans)
Roy Oswalt
Geoff Jenkins
Dontrelle Willis
Albert Belle
Jose Contreas
Marlon Byrd
Scott KAzmir
Aaron Harang
Javier Vazquez

There were 2-3 that I couldn't make out and then a couple of glove leather and bat autos

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning All!

So after landing my new job as a Walmart greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day.

About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

As I had been instructed, I said pleasantly,"Good morning and welcome to Walmart. Nice children you have there. Are they twins?"

Of course, her children were at least two years apart, and while they did share similar features, they certainly didn't look like each other.

The woman stopped yelling long enough to say, "Hell no, they ain't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?"

So I replied, "I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Walmart."

Thanks for the laugh after the morning I've had so far.

Enjoy your day all!

Fordman

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
So you think you have a tough day? Tonight I have to teach 15 eight and nine year old boys how to sharpen and carve with pocket knives! Cub Scout Whitlin' Chip Program. Yes, I have band aids on hand.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
So you think you have a tough day? Tonight I have to teach 15 eight and nine year old boys how to sharpen and carve with pocket knives! Cub Scout Whitlin' Chip Program. Yes, I have band aids on hand.

Have fun! I remember my cub scout days. Didn't make it through boy scouts though as the meeting times didn't work for me with the rest of my schedule. I do wish that I would have been able to stick with it though

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
[MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] Found a Sweet Spot auto lot over on SCN. The only downside is the guy wants to sell as a lot, but doesn't have a price in mind. Here's a list of who I saw in the lot-
Juan Marichal
Dennis Eckersley
Jacque Jones
Justin Morneau
Luis Apracio
Ken Griffey Sr.
Dave Winfield- slightly faded
Andre Dawson
Kerry Wood
Dale Murphy
Scott Podsednik
Brian Roberts
Stephen Drew
Aramis Ramirez (maybe, the guy is using grainy photos, not scans)
Roy Oswalt
Geoff Jenkins
Dontrelle Willis
Albert Belle
Jose Contreas
Marlon Byrd
Scott KAzmir
Aaron Harang
Javier Vazquez

There were 2-3 that I couldn't make out and then a couple of glove leather and bat autos

The one board I swear I don't belong to...
Looks to be about a $150 lot at most. nobody I need off hand but if the right years I can fill in sets

Morning everyone.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I am spending most of the day organizing my card room so I can walk in there again and came across a good find. I bought a small box years ago of some minor league sets of mixed teams mainly for whatever Yankees were in the lot. I put the Yankees sets in pages or team bags back then and traded most of the others teams sets away. There was a plastic container with the top card of a team I wasn't familiar with and I never opened it all these years. It turned out the top card was just a filler card to keep the cards tight.

image_32.jpeg

Today I dug in to see what was there and was pleased to find these two complete team sets:

image_31.jpeg

Not a Powerball win but I was happy because my other team set I have was missing the Mo card and this was a nice surprise!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I am spending most of the day organizing my card room so I can walk in there again and came across a good find. I bought a small box years ago of some minor league sets of mixed teams mainly for whatever Yankees were in the lot. I put the Yankees sets in pages or team bags back then and traded most of the others teams sets away. There was a plastic container with the top card of a team I wasn't familiar with and I never opened it all these years. It turned out the top card was just a filler card to keep the cards tight.

image_32.jpeg

Today I dug in to see what was there and was pleased to find these two complete team sets:

image_31.jpeg

Not a Powerball win but I was happy because my other team set I have was missing the Mo card and this was a nice surprise!

Very nice

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
The one board I swear I don't belong to...
Looks to be about a $150 lot at most. nobody I need off hand but if the right years I can fill in sets

Morning everyone.

Well, its $15 per year, but that gives me access to the TTM database and private signings that are offered by some of the members over there. IF you want, I can try and steal the scans for you

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Should I try for a partial refund? The chip wasn't mentioned in the listing or in the pictures
1452732117675.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I'd like to see them as well.

Hi George!

I'm on the app for the rest of the day, as no Internet at home right now. I'll see if there is a way to get the pictures to you. If not, perhaps [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] would be kind enough to send them over