Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photobucket alternative. Opinions wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I have done some research on Photobucket alternatives and it seems as though there are at least three options.

Flickr
Imgur
Sportscardalbum

Here is my problem. I have thousands of photos that would have to be brought over to any of those options. I don't see myself rescanning all of my cards over again.
Is it easy to bring over the files from PB to any of these? Is it a matter of copying & pasting? Can you do a bunch of files @ once or individually?
Can you create sub albums in any of these?

I am looking for opinions from users of these 3 options.

It's time to transition and I want to make the best choice for me.

Thanks,
Keith

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
Photo bucket allows you to download all of your scans as a zip file.

I'm in the process of moving to Flickr and I have been downloading each photo one by one from Photobucket and copying it into Flickr. It is a little time consuming but this allows me to copy the information, i.e serial number, to the new uploaded photo in Flickr.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Have you guys tried to use a USB for your scanned cards? That way you don't have re-scan anything if something goes wrong. I learned from Beckett's BS a while back where I uploaded everything I had and after uploading over 3K, wham! thank you for your scans but we will have to charge you monthly now. I have all my Ripken scans saved in a USB and every time I need to upload, there it is....

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
In my new version of sportscardslist.com, it allows you to import from Photobucket to the site.

Still working on a few bugs with everything, but it's coming!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I'm liking the Sports Card Album. I do have a question, if I upload a picture is it possible to change it? I added an already cropped picture and didn't realize you have to fit it in the box provided and now the players name is cut off. I am trying to replace the card with the same cropped photo but can't figure out how.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'm liking the Sports Card Album. I do have a question, if I upload a picture is it possible to change it? I added an already cropped picture and didn't realize you have to fit it in the box provided and now the players name is cut off. I am trying to replace the card with the same cropped photo but can't figure out how.

I haven't figured out a way to. I think you have to delete it and just re-upload since technically the "pic" is the card in the database not tightly tied a stringent title if that makes any sense at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I haven't figured out a way to. I think you have to delete it and just re-upload since technically the "pic" is the card in the database not tightly tied a stringent title if that makes any sense at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I took your advice and deleted it and re-uploaded it. It's all good now, OCD is a mother!

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Can you manually sort your photos in Sportscard Album like you could in PhotoBucket?

Members online