Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adrian Beltre HOF March - 2500 Hit Milestone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Beltre just picked up his 4th hit of the night to fly by 2500 hits and is now sitting at 2503. Doesn't seem to be slowing down much as before his 4 hits tonight he was slashing .309/.353/.478.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Think he is a shoe in for the HOF? I don't know his stats at all but can look tomorrow. Curious what you think.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Todd helton type?
Michael young? All have some batting titles and led the league. Both those guys are their respective teams hits leaders. Beltres done it over a multitude of teams, including the abyss of the northwest BUT he does rank as one of the best defensive 3B of all time. That has to count for something.
I'd say he gets a nice vote... May be closer than a lot of people think

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Think he is a shoe in for the HOF? I don't know his stats at all but can look tomorrow. Curious what you think.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

As a 35 year-old with 2500 hits, I wouldn't say lock yet, but he is nearing it. And this is interesting:

Career WAR

Jeter 72.3
Beltre 72.6

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It seems like he has a great shot at 3000+ hits. Really strange career but at the end if the day he's been putting up serious numbed for a long time.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I think he will get in but certainly needs to keep producing how he has since he came to Texas for a couple more years. MLB HOF is pretty watered down though. Don't get me started on Jeter.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
It seems like he has a great shot at 3000+ hits. Really strange career but at the end if the day he's been putting up serious numbed for a long time.

Playing 3B helps a lot. Look at Career WAR leaders at 3B. Even if his career ended today, you'd need to give him very serious consideration.

1) Mike Schmidt 106.5
2) Eddie Matthews 96.4
3) Wade Boggs 91.1
4) George Brett 88.4
5) Chipper Jones 85.0
6) Brooks Robinson 78.3
7) Paul Molitor 75.4
8) Adrian Beltre 72.6

Other HOFers
Ron Santo 70.4
HR Baker 62.8
Miguel Cabrera 57.2 (Future HOFer)
Jimmy Collins 53.2
John McGraw 45.6
Deacon White 45.5
George Kell 37.6
Pie Traynor 36.2
Freddie Lindstrom 28.3

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
The list of third basemen with 2500+ Hits, 350+ HR, and 4 or more gold gloves is:

1) Adrian Beltre

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Still no milestones. I think he was/is a great player and played a long time but don't see him as the quintessential HOF player.

Sitting at 384 HR, so good chance he breaks 400 this year. Right now he has more HR than every HOF third basemen except Schmidt, Matthews, and eventually Chipper. His combination of power and defensive prowess are very unique.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Sitting at 384 HR, so good chance he breaks 400 this year. Right now he has more HR than every HOF third basemen except Schmidt, Matthews, and eventually Chipper. His combination of power and defensive prowess are very unique.
Sure, that's "unique" and as I said before, great. I just don't think he screams HOF to me but that's OK. That's just my thoughts. As [MENTION=2441]r2d2[/MENTION] said, in 2 or 3 years we'll know more but he just doesn't scream HOF for me.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Sure, that's "unique" and as I said before, great. I just don't think he screams HOF to me but that's OK. That's just my thoughts. As [MENTION=2441]r2d2[/MENTION] said, in 2 or 3 years we'll know more but he just doesn't scream HOF for me.

He's probably in the top ten for 3B ever when you consider an entire career... How small do you want the HOF (real question not a jab because I think it has lower standards than it should)?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
He's probably in the top ten for 3B ever when you consider an entire career... How small do you want the HOF (real question not a jab because I think it has lower standards than it should)?
I just actually started a thread to discuss all this. For whatever reason, I am not in the camp of looking at a player with respect to their position, other than when it comes to defensive awards, etc. Lets face it, he wasn't the best defensive 3B in the game, so at some level, he was just put there IMO.

As for the HOF, I'm not saying I want it to be a handful of guys but he just doesn't scream HOF to me. I mean he is really good and has played a long time but what has he done that screams HOF? Nothing against the guy but just my opinion.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Sure, that's "unique" and as I said before, great. I just don't think he screams HOF to me but that's OK. That's just my thoughts. As @r2d2 said, in 2 or 3 years we'll know more but he just doesn't scream HOF for me.

Yeah, I think most people agree that Beltre doesn't pass the HOF smell test. Part of the reason is that they compare him to all HOFers, that's why it is interesting to look at 2B, SS, 3B, and C to see how they compare to other players that played the same position.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I think most people agree that Beltre doesn't pass the HOF smell test. Part of the reason is that they compare him to all HOFers, that's why it is interesting to look at 2B, SS, 3B, and C to see how they compare to other players that played the same position.
It's an interesting discussion. I just started a thread to hear more people's thoughts on this type of thing generally when it comes to any player.

Beltre doesn't even jump out at me as an amazing 3B, so it's all about his hitting, so I don't know why you would just put him up against those who have played 3B. I mean, again, IDK it doesn't scream HOF to me but that's just me.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Beltre was the best defensive 3B in the game though or at least top 3-5... Before this year (he has had a rough year defensively) he still was among the best but some of the young guys have definitely surpassed him

Members online