Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP FCB Retail Store

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Brick and Mortar life is hard man.

Hey Guys, just filling you guys in on a few things. The FCB Sports Cards and Game store in Alpharetta has been closed. This is due to a few things like slow sales, flood damage and the people involved wanting to focus their attention on other things.

There isn't going to be a final sell off as there are still online outlets employed by all parties involved.

Anyway that leads me to what is next as I have a lot of free time that I didn't have before.

I'm going to be providing some content here on a weekly basis such as new product spotlights and the return of some sort of hot list.

I do not anticipate doing any of the user administration or moderating.

I'm looking forward to diving back in though, see you guys around.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Good run Gilmo. I'm sure it was an emotional decision to make but hope you at least enjoyed the time you lived what would be a dream for many of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Hey Chris - Sorry to hear you are closing that chapter in your life. My son still talks about the time we stopped in to see you (and pulled an orange auto!) on our trip to ATL. Looking forward to seeing more of you on here.

All the best

T

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Along similar lines, my closed LCS here is shutting down also. The 10th Inning in Hampton/Newport News VA. Real "old time" store. Sorry to see them go.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Sorry to hear if you come across any Jeter's from the 90's please let me know I would be willing to trade or buy if I have the money at that point in time.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Knowing and speaking to Chris over the years this is really a good thing. Chris is working a demanding full time job and then spending the rest of his waking hours working at the store. Knowing Mrs. Gilmore I'm sure she will enjoy the extra time she has with the big guy. I'm hoping he comes to hang with us in AC. the all you can eat buffets will be shut down!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Knowing and speaking to Chris over the years this is really a good thing. Chris is working a demanding full time job and then spending the rest of his waking hours working at the store. Knowing Mrs. Gilmore I'm sure she will enjoy the extra time she has with the big guy. I'm hoping he comes to hang with us in AC. the all you can eat buffets will be shut down!

Actually, that is on the table.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Sorry to hear about the retail store. Too bad the brick and mortar market isn't there anymore. Online seems to be where it's at for selling/buying.

Fordman

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Im really glad I was able to make a surprise stop a few years ago on my way to Florida.

967095_10151581016764500_1961467942_o.jpg

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
As you mentioned, "Brick and Mortar life is hard man." In a different sense, Freedomcardboard.com is rock hard as well. As you leave one physical brick and mortar establishment you enter into another one that's even stronger because of you. You are truly the brick and mortar as well as the foundation of this site. I'm not going out on a limb to say we are all honored to have you back as a regular and so very thankful for everything you have done over the years to make this place what it is today.

Roll Tide!!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts