Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your team's MODERN Mount Rushmore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
Bench (retired in 83)
Rose
Larkin
Jr. Griffey

Statues leading the path to the mountain would be
Sabo
Davis
Rijo
Casey
Votto
Concepcion
Perez
Browning

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Old team I rooted for Giants : Clark , Williams , Bonds , Posey

Since AZ got the DBax : Johnson , Schilling , and that's it ;) Goldy is sitting n waiting . Not sure between Webb , Williams , Grace , Finley , Luis I'd add. Most prob would say Gonzo, I just wasn't ever a huge fan

Ryan

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Edit: ^^^ Sounds like we're in agreement, but there's a pretty strong case for Ichiro over Edgar. In my mind I enjoyed Edgar's XBHs more than Ichiro's barely singles.

Wow Ichiro doesn't make the top four?
I gotta be honest, he totally slipped my mind. He might be interchangeable with Edgar.

What do you other Ms fans think?

Last edited:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Edit: ^^^ Sounds like we're in agreement, but there's a pretty strong case for Ichiro over Edgar. In my mind I enjoyed Edgar's XBHs more than Ichiro's barely singles.

I gotta be honest, he totally slipped my mind. He might be interchangeable with Edgar.

No way on Ichiro...compared to the other 4??? No way...I'd even consider Bone ahead of Ichiro as far as the "face" (these are faces, right?) of the franchise.

buck724

Jul 22, 2010

Nothing against Ichiro, he did great things here. But as far as my opinion goes...I agree with the argument of Edgar over Ichiro. His XBH's were more fun to watch, and he hit with average as well as power. I gotta give Edgar the nod over Ichiro.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Pete Rose
Barry Larkin
Eric Davis
Marty Brennaman

Yes!

But for a "modern" Mount Rushmore you've got to take Rose off the list. Any of his 3 mediocre (and I'm being kind) seasons from 84-86 would have sent anyone else into retirement if they didn't have 4,000+ hits, acquired outside of our 30-year range, backing up their case.

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Yes!

But for a "modern" Mount Rushmore you've got to take Rose off the list. Any of his 3 mediocre (and I'm being kind) seasons from 84-86 would have sent anyone else into retirement if they didn't have 4,000+ hits, acquired outside of our 30-year range, backing up their case.

Pete is timeless.
Griffey, my all-time favorite player, was hard to watch on my favorite team.

If anything I'd probably throw Jose Rijo on there instead of Pete.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts